I had Kinovea working fine 6 months ago with two ELP cameras.  Started everything up again today and the cameras were not functional in Kinovea.  They are listed in the camera list, but when I go into the camera settings, the stream format, image size and frame rate are grayed out.  The cameras work in Windows/Settings/Devices/Cameras.  I'm at a loss as to why they won't function properly in Kinovea, especially when they worked fine months ago.  Along the way, I did uninstall the cameras, uninstall Kinovea, reinstall the cameras and reinstall Kinovea, but no luck.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Something that might happen is that a Windows update somehow changes the driver to a newer version from Microsoft and breaks some features. I have had that happen with other cameras. Check in the device manager if the button to restore the previous driver version is enabled.

I figured it out after rebuilding my PC, then updating the Bios, which bricked the PC, then going to Best Buy to buy a new PC, then setting up the new PC and having the same problem...!

The fix was actually simple but I had never noticed this before.  I took my cameras to another PC w/ Kinovea and they worked fine, so I knew it wasn't the cameras.  The problem was actually that I had gone into Windows Settings/Devices/Cameras and flipped them 90 degrees clockwise (since they are installed sideways).  For some reason, doing this in Windows makes them unusable in Kinovea.

Thank you as always for a very useful product and your speedy replies.

Thanks for the follow up and the details. This might help someone else down the line! I wasn't aware of this feature in Windows I'll have to look into it at some point to see why it's not working.

FYI you should be able to rotate the camera directly inside Kinovea using the image menu.