I am trying track the location of the tip of an index finger moving in front of a laptop screen/bezel camera (depth between the screen and the finger and the horizontal and vertical locations). I need to capture the min and max for all of the positions over a ~5 minute recording. I have the measurements calibrated and I am able to track the finger, but how do I track the tip of the finger in relationship to the camera on the laptop? Can I add another tracker on the camera to get the distances? and if so, how do I track the distance between the 2 trackers?

I'm not sure I fully understood your setup but one thing that might help is to track the coordinate system. If you show the coordinate system then right click the axes or origin and track. Now the other points should have their coordinates relatively to the moving coordinate system.

I was able to calculate the distances between points, but it is all in the coordinate system units. Can that be converted to cm?

Yes you need to do a calibration, check this page: https://www.kinovea.org/help/en/measure … ation.html