We are getting closer to a formal release and I think the latest experimental releases are becoming more and more stable.

I'm not sure about what other features and fixes are going to be included into the next official release, but I can guarantee that there will not be any changes to the interface during the next 4 to 5 weeks. (because I'm on vacation big_smile)

This is a good time to update the localizations, and catch up with all the new strings added or modified since 0.7.10.

So, to all concerned : ding ding ding, feature freeze ! smile
If you want to start a language that is not in the list yet, you are more than welcome.

Please add your name stating which language you are starting to work on.
Note that some translations are already being worked on, or people already have expressed interest in working on them:
- Dutch, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish. (to be updated)
- Greek, Turkish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish. (starting from scratch)

I think it's best to have at most 1 or 2 people per language for the initial translation.
If someone is already working on the language you could do, ask if help is needed and we'll try to organize.

Here is a link to the wiki, please consult the articles about translation.

Thank you very much ! tongue

Hi!
I could do the part for german translation. Some parts coult be improved for better understanding.
stephan

Hi !
As already done, I'm ready to start for updating Italian localization (interface and also manual).
Giorgio

Hi and thanks smile
For the manual there will probably be a separate round later, because right now even the english version needs to be updated…

Also, this thread is a good place for anyone of you that would have questions on specific terms, definitions, on the translation process etc.

Hi,

I'll start on the Norwegian translation.
Anyone feel like helping out is more than welcome. Just post a reply in this thread when you're ready.

RT

Hi,

I'll start on the Swedish translation.
Anyone that want to help are more than welcome.
Please post a reply in this thread if you are interested.

Regards
Westman

Hi,

I´ll work on the Finnish translation and could help Westman on the Swedish?

Regards,
Alexander

Hi all,

I will do the Romanian translation.  Cheers!:)

Hello guys!

I'm going to do the Turkish translation.

This is awesome !

One suggestion when you are two working on the same language: one could do the ScreenManagerLang strings (sheet 5/6), it has 277 strings in itself, and the other person would do all the other sheets (108 strings total).

Then after that you may swap your files to proofread one another if you want.
I think you can send simple mails through the user's profile here.

Thank you big_smile

Hello from Greece.
I will do the Greek translation, as already being told. I have also translated softball rules in Greek with a friend, and I think I will discuss problems I might encounter.

Nikos Sklavounos
Electronics Engineer - B.Eng, M.Sc.
District administrator of Greece for LL Baseball

Some have reported trouble with the wording "Seal measure". I agree it's not very clear… neutral

Please consider this as "Calibrate measure...". If you have an equivalent.
It is used to set the real world size of a line. (through right click)

Thanks !

Spanish translation for me smile

Already done! Spanish translation -> 100% smile
BTW, I haven't seen any link to upload the translations file, maybe openning a new ticket?

15 (edited by giobia 2009-12-17 19:38:39)

As written at point n.8 in Translation General Process
http://www.kinovea.org/wiki/doku.php?id … ralprocess

when done interface translation I think we should send by email our translated file to joan (joan at kinovea dot org).  smile