I'm new to Kinovea and wanted to see if I could use it to continuously record a finish line event. The idea is that recording would be continuous for an hour or two without stopping to save. During that time, I would be reviewing recorded video to identify finishers. Is this possible?

I'm new to Kinovea as well, I would think you COULD but more if a question of WOULD you want to.  I think the true restriction would be the available memory space available and storage space.  I could be wrong, hopefully someone more experienced Will chime in.

This is not really possible at the moment. The video file is only finalized at the end of the recording so you wouldn't be able to "review recorded video to identify finishers" while the capture is going on. I'm not sure how it would work. You can use the delay buffer to go back in time while the capture is still saving the latest frame, but if there is a mishap it could fail the entire recording… I think for this we would want to regularly save small clips with overlap between each other.