1 (edited by Ted 2010-07-19 19:37:47)

I get the above error message using the latest version.  I have tried saving the video as Avi and MP4 but get the this same message.

I am mostly using the option of "Permanently paint key images data on the video". But its the same for others.

I even tried saving it back as an AVI with no markups. (Meaning no editing) and got the same thing.
I tried using several different AVI files as well. Same result.

Usually it will convert about 70 to 80 % of the video and then error out and crash. You can open and play the converted video , but its not all there.

Any ideas?
Ted

I just thought I would try one more thing.... what I did was just create some markups and then save the file with the option of Combine Video and Key Images..... that worked once, but after I added a few more markups, it blew up as well.

The first time I did this, I re-opened the file I just saved and saved it as Permanently paint key images data on the video an it worked. I thought I had a work around, but now I know that I do not.

Any ideas?

Since it crashes, you may have some "Unhandled crash" log files in the log folder. (You can get there from the help menu).
These logs should help understand what type of error is happening and which function is throwing it.

Could you paste the content of the last file generated in the bug tracker. (I assume you have created bug 211, thanks).
If you don't have the Unhandled crash log files, then keep the folder open, reproduce the issue, and copy the end of the log.txt file.

Thank you Joan for helping.

I did upload the last Crash log and the log.txt file to the Bug Tracker. 

I noticed a portion of the crash log indicated something about memory. I have 4.0 Gig of memory.
Here's the rest of my computer stats.

OS Name    Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version    5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer    Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer    Dell Inc.
System Model    Latitude D830
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2493 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date    Dell Inc. A14, 12/11/2008
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Windows Directory    C:\WINDOWS
System Directory    C:\WINDOWS\system32
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
Total Physical Memory    4,096.00 MB
Available Physical Memory    2.29 GB
Total Virtual Memory    2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory    1.96 GB
Page File Space    3.33 GB

Well, I think I solved the problem.  I suspected a bad Codec because the error message indicated an out of memory condition. Because I have 4 gig of memory, I could not believe that was the issue.

So, I found this "FFDShow Codec Pack" online for free and downloaded it. It claims to have all the Codecs for MP4.

I installed, rebooted and processed the same file that was crashing...viola...It works.

Hi,
Kinovea does not use external codecs, codec installation doesn't have any effect on the program, so the cause of the crash is most probably somewhere else. (haven't had time to look into it yet…)

(On a more technical note, Kinovea internally uses more or less the same code that is used by the FFDShow pack : both are based on libavcodec.)

Same problem for me.

I can not save some videos.

logFile:

133 - INFO  - [1] - RootKernel - Kinovea version : 0.8.15, (Experimental)
138 - INFO  - [1] - RootKernel - .NET Framework Version : 2.0.50727.8762
138 - INFO  - [1] - RootKernel - OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
138 - INFO  - [1] - RootKernel - Primary Screen : {Width=1280, Height=1024}
138 - INFO  - [1] - RootKernel - Virtual Screen : {X=0,Y=0,Width=1280,Height=1024}
630 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFile - GetThumbnail Error : Frame reading failed
639 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFile - GetThumbnail Error : Frame reading failed
657 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFile - GetThumbnail Error : Frame reading failed
9692 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFile - GetThumbnail Error : Frame buffer not allocated
19274 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFileWriter - Encoder not opened
19274 - ERROR - [5] - VideoFile - Saving context not opened.

Hi ysag, could you try with 0.8.25 first to see if the problem persist?

Also there is a nasty bug in 0.8.15 when trying to export the video on top of the file currently opened. Avoid doing this as it could corrupt the file.