There is a filtering pass on the raw coordinates to remove the high frequency noise produced by the digitization. There is more information about the exact process and the cutoff frequency selected in the about tab of the data analysis dialog.

The approach comes from sport science literature, I don't know its relevance to burst swim of fishes. But I think it should still be better than the raw coordinates.

The spreadsheet export from the main menu does not have the filtering, it's just the raw data. The shift by 4 frames is strange. Maybe one of those files where the first image has a time coordinate different than zero and cause some issues.

Export through spreadsheet from main menu or export through data analysis dialog from trajectory context menu?

843

(2 replies, posted in Bug reports)

Please try the bug related to zooming in 0.8.24, there were important changes regarding precision since 0.8.15, the coordinates are now stored in subpixel precision. I'm interested to know if you can reproduce it.

The bug where an angle drawing would vanish out of thin air has been fixed for 0.8.25. To avoid the problem in 0.8.24 you should keep the mouse down until the second leg of the angle is placed. 1. mouse down to add the angle, 2. stay mouse down and move away a bit, 3. mouse up.

A priori non, pas directement compatible. Les flux de type H.264 ne sont pas supportés en capture (Uniquement MJPEG est supporté pour les caméras IP). Il y a des montages possibles avec un soft intermédiaire qui republie le flux localement en MJPEG mais c'est pas forcément génial (latence et recompression à prévoir).

Concernant l'USB il y a possiblité de passer par des adaptateurs USB<->Ethernet. Le flux est capturé à la sortie de la caméra, passe dans le réseau local (cable éthernet ou cablage mural ou CPL), ressort pas loin du PC et revient dans de l'USB avant d'entrer dans le PC. C'est normalement transparent pour les données.

Les ports USB sont effectivement souvent en déficit et il n'y a souvent qu'un seul "root hub" ce qui fait que les appareils sont en compétition pour la bande passante.

845

(28 replies, posted in General)

Hmm. I was going to write that there was an options in the preferences but I just realized this is still only in the unpublished version. I really need to get it out.

Hmm, I hadn't realized they updated to Pylon 5.

I should have posted a follow-up in this thread anyway, back in November a color Basler camera was lent to me for a few weeks so I could fix the issues. I rewrote the Basler interop layer and we did some testing with Pieter and it worked fine for both of us. This was on the dev version of 0.8.25 which exists for x64 in addition to x86.

I've had trouble to get this version out of the way due to other commitments unfortunately. I see now that they made some major changes and it won't work anymore with Pylon 4, ouch.

The capture system is more or less organized in a plug-in manner, so maybe later we could have a capture module working with Pylon 5 that can be dropped in the install directory so that there is a solution for everyone. For now I think 0.8.25 will ship with Pylon 4 support only, and I'll look into v5 later.

Super. Thanks for the follow-up.
For the record we continued the discussion off-line and I sent coachmattb a preversion of 0.8.25 with a bug-fix for testing purposes.

For others with this issue (any network camera should have the issue really), a workaround in 0.8.24 should be possible, by going to the global capture preferences in Options > Preferences > Capture, and in "Display synchronization strategy", select "Camera frame signal" instead of "Forced framerate".

In Kinovea you should use the direct URL to the MJPEG stream, something like http://192.168.0.45:8080/video for IP Webcam app.

There seems to be an issue with the display though, I also can't get a stable stream. Something must be broken…

If you install both using the installer they will share the application data directory and it could create conflicts as the preferences format is not the same.

The usual way to do this is to use the "portable" version for 0.8.24. This way it is completely self-contained and does not interfere.

No, Bluetooth is not involved. Wi-Fi should be turned on on both though.

Use the "Manual connection" button under the camera list and configure from there. The URL information should be found in the mobile app settings or documentation.

A web browser should also be able to connect to the stream, so you might want to test there to pinpoint the origin of the problem.

By default it will only "see" (as in create a thumbnail for) the cameras that are connected directly to the computer.

For network cameras you have to use the "Manual connection" button under the camera list and configure the camera IP and access URL there.

As far as I can see the camera streams H.264 which is not supported as an IP camera stream in Kinovea. Only MJPEG streams are supported.

Ok, that is strange and sounds like a bug. You should be able to see velocity as soon as a trajectory point has two neighbors, before and after, and acceleration as soon as it has four neighbors. So only the first and last points should be "###".

What happens when you display "Position" instead? Do you get anything?
Can you save to a KVA file and send it by mail please? (joan at kinovea dot org), thanks.
Can you right click the trajectory and go into "Data analysis" dialog. Do you get the position over time and other plots there?

The ELP has some advantages but it definitely has a lower image quality than the C920. There are some sample videos of the ELP at the bottom of the blog post, shot with not ideal lighting (as is often the case).

(I think you should be able to get the Logitech for less than 70€ now, as the price has dropped).

I can't really comment on whether 480p is enough for your application. Try to find someone with a cheap webcam and see for yourself if it's acceptable.

Regarding gait analysis, one aspect to keep in mind is the USB bandwidth. I have seen at a podiatrics setup a lot of USB peripherals (gait platform, other specific devices, etc.) and it can create issues for the cameras if you want to have two of them streaming at the same time in addition to all the other devices.