1,276

(5 replies, posted in Bug reports)

HDAV wrote:

2: the subtitle to run under the video for a set number of frames or for the duration of the working area should be simpler to implement than sync'd subtitles

This could be the same feature as the suggested "Drawing stays on screen until next drawing in sequence appears" basically, all the drawings on the current key image would stay 100% opaque until the next key image.
This would correspond to attaching the drawings to the "section" between two key images instead of just the first image.

1,277

(5 replies, posted in Bug reports)

Oh, hadn't thought about subtitles comments. Interesting idea.
Currently there is the label tool and the comment box, but as you noted these are attached to a single frame, and more for interactive review.
I have used one or two subtitle authoring software in the past and there are some design challenges to address. Providing a way to synchronize the text with the video complexifies the interface a lot.
Please discuss what you think would be the best approach to this smile

1,278

(1 replies, posted in Bug reports)

There was once a sub project to have extensive support for this and other features. (wiki). (not planned at the moment)

If we display the coordinate axis on the video, it would be expected to be able to redefine it directly… (?)

1,279

(4 replies, posted in General)

drewb1 wrote:

I have the same question regarding the ave speed calculation.  I'm measuring bar speed for the bench press in the sagittal plane. 

"is it X or Y or the resultant."

The "resultant".

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/trackspeed.png

drewb1 wrote:

Also, can you provide the ave speed as part of the exported data?

Well, I see there are requests for more detailed data, or data presented differently, etc. Maybe we need to design the "export to spreadsheet" feature differently so that user have more control on what get exported and how… (Currently you can play with the XSLT files in the program directory but it's rather complex and you can't do everything anyway).

drewb1 wrote:

Any plans on calculating acceleration values?

I just added this to the idea backlog. You can "+1" it there.

1,280

(10 replies, posted in General)

Hi !
Thanks for the proposition.
The interface is 100% covered for Spanish, but if you are motivated I can create a namespace for Spanish translation of the help manual.
It is not a small task but it's possible to do progressively.

Hit the pause button (second from left) while moving hand rapidly in front of the camera.
Do you see the same issue on the freezed frame? Does it look like interlacing artifacts?
I can reproduce this with a DV camcorder. Not sure there is anything to do about it at capture time though… (check if the camera has a "progressive" mode).

Most definitely not related.
Can you open a new thread, this will increase visibility of your issue.
Is it related to comb artifacts from interlaced video ?

1,283

(13 replies, posted in General)

Hi,
Currently I'm not working on it. I'm working on a refactoring of the drawing tools framework to be able to ease the addition and development of future tools. This is currently done in a separate code branch but it has deep impact on the code of the screens, so I'd rather not work on full screen mode until the refactoring is merged in the trunk.
Next, I'd like to work on the multi point tracking and chronophotography.
I guess what is needed is more developer power hmm

I'll try to at least assess the amount of work needed to implement full screen before long.

1,284

(13 replies, posted in Français)

Pour le fichier : faire click droit + "enregistrer sous" ou équivalent selon le navigateur.
Sinon au pire copier le contenu du fichier dans notepad et enregistrer en tant que "cleye.config".
Le fichier doit être placé directement dans "C:\Program Files\Kinovea"

1,285

(13 replies, posted in Français)

Sur le site de CodeLaboratories: http://codelaboratories.com/downloads/
En bas à gauche, CL Eye Platform driver, single camera.

Pour avoir accès à la configuration avancée (640x480 @ 75fps par ex.), il faut télécharger ce petit fichier cleye.config et le coller dans le répertoire de Kinovea (dans Program files).

1,286

(8 replies, posted in Cameras and hardware)

About the PS3 Eye, the limitation is coming from the driver I believe. The same guy(s) providing the single camera driver has a (not free) multi-camera driver.
(Not tested)

1,287

(4 replies, posted in General)

Also, maybe you can post a screen shot so we can see how severe it is, and guess the most probable cause.

bewegingstechnologie wrote:

Hi Joan,
I've installed all the components and compiled the latest version, but immediately I get an error
on ScreenManager   = new ScreenManagerKernel();. Does this have anything to do with the
visual studio version? I'm running 2010. Also I've noticed some references of the root project
aren't recognized (FileBrowser, ScreenManager, Services and the Updater), is this right?
Best regards,
BT

Hi,
I just did a "check out" from SVN in a separate directory to verify. I didn't have any issues. (Just need to make sure it's compiling for "x86", not "AnyCpu").
I am not using VS2010 right now, so I can't really say if differences in configuration is the source of the problem.

For the references, try to delete them and add them back maybe… I have had to do this with some other projects.
Go to \Root\bin\x86\Debug and check that the dependencies were copied properly: AForge dlls (x5), av* dlls (x5 + postproc-51.dll, + swscale-0.dll), OpenCV cv*.dll (x3) + Emgu (x2), SharpVector (x6).

I don't know if VS is setting some options by default, but the target framework should be set to "2.0".

Thank you very much, it helps a lot!
I am not a native speaker so pinpointing the right expression is often challenging.

I agree the term "tool" is not really meaning what is intended here. "Drawings and tool results" / "drawings and tool outputs" sounds a bit heavy for some reason, I'll give it some more thought.
Here are some of the terms that have been used (or not) to describe the output of the tools, etc.:
- Analysis
- Key image data
- Analysis data
- Metadata
- drawings and tools
- drawings and other tool results
- drawings
- drawings and other analysis objects
- Analysis objects

(last two just added - "Analysis objects", is that too abstract? )

(edit: You're definitely correct about the tracking tool. There is not really any point trying to re-track on top of the saved video)

1,290

(13 replies, posted in Français)

Je ne suis pas spécialement le mieux placé pour répondre, ce serait bien que d'autres utilisateurs nous fassent part de leur expérience !

Si c'est pour utiliser avec le module de capture, une bonne webcam devrait aller. La PS3Eye (à la base pour la PlayStation mais un internaute a écrit un pilote gratuit pour Windows) a pas mal de succès il me semble car elle est peu chère et permet de monter à plus de 60 images/s en 640x480 pixels. (à condition qu'il y ait une bonne luminosité quand même)

Pour le problème de recul s'il n'y a vraiment pas la place, voir si une caméra avec une lentille grand angle pourrait corriger le problème, mais là c'est plus le même budget !