I'm just wondering what kind of video equipment everyone is using to record their video. I'm using a Sanyo VPC-C40 Digital Media Camera.

I did use an Aiptek HD camcorder, but I am getting ready to buy a Sanyo Xacti VPC-FH1. The Aiptek shoots at 60 frames per sec. The Sanyo has a mode that will record 600 frames per second for 10 seconds. It also has different recording speeds. Your typical camcorder records at 30 frames per second.

Most of the new camcorders are High Def. which causes problems with the program. Not for sure if Joan found a fix for this yet or not. It is not actually the program but more of the computers not being able to process the video fast enough for the program.

Mike

Do you guys know Elpel cameras? It's free hardware and software cameras. I have not tested them but It might be of your interest. They can record at a very high FPS.

Hello,

Never heard of them, but the site is very confusing. I think I would rather stick with a convensional camcorder. The new one I am going to buy shortly that I mentioned in my earlier post will do up to 600 fps for 10 sec. of recording.

ylatuya wrote:

Do you guys know Elpel cameras? It's free hardware and software cameras.

Thanks for the link, it's very interesting. I hadn't heard of them.
Open source hardware in video could open so many possibilities smile

Hi people, I have just found Kinovea and it's looking very good.

Has anyone tried using it with the Casio Exilim High Speed cameras (Casio FH20 or Casio Ex-F1)

Hi,
Yes, I think I remember someone over the french part of the forum reporting using an Exilim.
And for these high speed cameras, there is a special option to match the time display and the capture speed of the video.

hi. yes; i am using the casio ex-f1! it is great. only problem is u need a lot of light. if there is no sunlight; u need at last 1000watt halogen flooder to have a clear picture.

it works great with kinovea. even with the small resolution.