Thank you for developing this software, it is really impressive.  I recently downloaded and set it up with two 260fps cameras for my golf swing.  Using the replay folder approach and the audio trigger, everything is working as it should.  However, the two replay screens are running 30fps, even though the source cameras are 260fps.  Is there a setting that I need to change to see 260fps on the replays?  Thank you!

Hi,
This aspect is often confusing because there are many different framerates when recording high speed footage.

Normally it should be automatic and work like that: the camera sends frames at 260 fps, Kinovea records 260 frames per second in the file, and at the end, in the metadata of the video file, writes "30 fps". This is to avoid media players trying to replay at 260 fps (or higher) which they can't do. It's similar to the high speed function on a phone or a camera. That's why high speed footage looks slowed down when replayed.

On the playback side there are two things to consider, the playback speed and the times displayed. The typical way to do things is to let the footage be slowed down but "fix" the time display so you can still make time measurements or compute the speed of an object. This is controlled under Video > Configure video timing. If you recorded the video with Kinovea it should be set automatically.

If you really want to have the final video marked as 260 fps (it will probably not playback at that speed), you can change the behavior under Options > Preferences > Recording > High speed cameras. Check this paragraph of the help: https://www.kinovea.org/help/en/userint … ed-cameras

OK, wow, so just so I understand.  Roughly speaking, my 260fps file that is 5 seconds long, gets converted into 30fps file that is 43 seconds long?  (Roughly)?  I'm getting [virtually] all my frames?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

Yes that's correct. You should get all the frames, they are just spread out more in time.