Reminder:
"Experimental" versions are available on the forum.
The goal of this change is that you can test and comment on new features while they are being built.
So it's your turn to play now, and report bugs and usability suggestions wink.

The installer is available here: Please get 0.8.4 instead.

Not many new features since 0.8.2 but bugfixes, including an important one fixing the memory leak on deinterlace.
Plus two new options in the General Preferences to always force an image aspect ratio or deinterlace mode if needed.

For general comments and suggestions related to new additions: post in this thread.
For bugs, you can directly feed the bug tracker.

And here's a small snapshot - Mosaic filter in action (menu Motion > Mosaic…):
(Incredible video from  Danny MacAskill)

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/mosaic650b.jpg

Hi Joan,

I just loaded 8.3 and I shuts down everytime I try to open a video. I am running window 7 if it matters.

Mike

Hmm, might be some last minute regression introduced… I couldn't test the last 2 versions on Vista or 7 though, so I might have missed something.
Can you send me the logs in Application Data folder (from menu > Help > Open log folder…)
Thanks

I've only tried it for two simple anlysis. Works great for me. Thanks again for your great work Joan!

The bug that some of you reported on Windows 7 has been identified and corrected in dev version. Thanks !
It will be fixed in the next experimental release, available I don't know when. wink

I have the same problem with Vista.