I have videofiles on a DVD. When I load a file the length of the video available in Kinovea is shortened to various time form 6 seconds to 1 minute and 10 seconds whereas the normal length of the video to be analysed wil run up to more than 18 minutes. Where did the material go?

Hi,
First of all, are you using 0.8.7 or one of the more recent experimental version ? Can you try with the 0.8.9 ? (The decoding library was updated in 0.8.8)

The problem has been reported previously and there is a bug for it. (m142).
If I remember correctly, the duration information in VOB files is not reliable and the current time info can start at some random value and wrap around in the middle of the video.
I also found an issue related to FFMpeg but for the other way around, small files that were reported as 26 Hour long.

I am experiencing a similar issue as Ruits. I have tried 8.9 and the same thing happened.  Is there a work around for this?  Also, i converted the VOB files using handbrake and thought this would fix the issue.  It then should the correct duration and things played fine. However the back arrow key would not work.  The forward arrow would.  Any thoughts?

wildrobo wrote:

It then should the correct duration and things played fine. However the back arrow key would not work.  The forward arrow would.  Any thoughts?

That happens with some encoding profiles, I'm interested in knowing more about which output options you used.

Sorry, I have been away.  I used the imported Video-SL preset for handbrake that can be located here http://www.scratchlive.net/howtos/video … handbrake.  I really like this product and will work with you in whatever you need to help resolve this.  Thanks.