I have not downloaded Kinovea (yet), I'm still reading up on it.  However, there is one question I don't have answered yet.

Can Kinovea calculate the speed of give point (EG, Head of a golf club).  If you one can lock onto it and cause Kinovea to track it and actually draw a line, will it tell me the speed if I am able to calculate the distance traveled along the point?

thanks in advance
--
robert canary

2 (edited by wilfried 2010-10-07 10:46:09)

hy,
yes you can measure speed! download kinovea, go to "help"/using kinovea/ measuring/measuring speed and you have al the info. Take into account the fact that with 2Dimages you can't accurately measure movements with 3D curves as for example a golfswing!
hope this helps!

Hi,

I understand that the speed is the average speed of the segment between the previous and the current point.
But is it X or Y or the resultant.

Is it possible to select the direction of the speed that i want?

Thanks,

I have the same question regarding the ave speed calculation.  I'm measuring bar speed for the bench press in the sagittal plane. 

"is it X or Y or the resultant." 

When I try to use the exported position and time data, my average speed calculations are not matching. 

Also, can you provide the ave speed as part of the exported data? 

Any plans on calculating acceleration values?

Regards,

Drew

drewb1 wrote:

I have the same question regarding the ave speed calculation.  I'm measuring bar speed for the bench press in the sagittal plane. 

"is it X or Y or the resultant."

The "resultant".

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/trackspeed.png

drewb1 wrote:

Also, can you provide the ave speed as part of the exported data?

Well, I see there are requests for more detailed data, or data presented differently, etc. Maybe we need to design the "export to spreadsheet" feature differently so that user have more control on what get exported and how… (Currently you can play with the XSLT files in the program directory but it's rather complex and you can't do everything anyway).

drewb1 wrote:

Any plans on calculating acceleration values?

I just added this to the idea backlog. You can "+1" it there.