I recorded a video at 60fps and when I replay it, the speed slider says it is at 100% but it is to the extreme left.  If I move the slider to the right the percentage changes, but it slides back to the extreme left as I play the video.

I am using version 0.8.11

Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Would you be able to send a small sample ?
I'd like to try to reproduce and see what happens internally.
Is it in Full HD image size ? It is possible that the file is too CPU demanding for the current version. When the images can't be decoded + displayed fast enough, the speed slider is automatically slid to the left to try to mitigate the jerkiness.
Thanks

I would be interested to know how this worked out.  I am shooting with a Casio EX-FH100 that is capable of 120, 240, and 420 fps, as well as regular video.  I would like to know if there is a way to put the frame rate into the program to adjust the timer accordingly, as well as adjusting the slider to play in real time.  Thanks!

Eager wrote:

I am shooting with a Casio EX-FH100 that is capable of 120, 240, and 420 fps, as well as regular video. I would like to know if there is a way to put the frame rate into the program to adjust the timer accordingly, as well as adjusting the slider to play in real time.  Thanks!

Yes, go to menu Motion > High speed camera… and enter the capture frame rate.
Going back to normal speed from this type of slow motion video is not currently a planned feature for technical reasons: we would have to decode 210 frames or 420 frames per second (or more depending on the high speed settings) which is out of reach.

Great!  Thanks so much for the explanation and quick reply!  This will help greatly.

BTW, I just did a presentation on Kinovea basics to a group of track and field coaches, even though I am by no means an expert.  While I was experimenting and researching, I came across another open source program called Tracker for physics students that does many of the same things that Kinovea does, but is much less intuitive and, for obvious reasons given the clientele, much more data oriented.  Anyway, I thought since it was open source that it would be of interest to you as you perfect Kinovea.  Perhaps you already know about it, but if not I hope you can find it helpful.

I found Tracker on this site:  http://www.cabrillo.edu/~dbrown/tracker/

Again, thank you so much for your work!

acer22 wrote:

I recorded a video at 60fps and when I replay it, the speed slider says it is at 100% but it is to the extreme left.  If I move the slider to the right the percentage changes, but it slides back to the extreme left as I play the video.

This specific issue should be fixed as of version 0.8.14. There was a problem with the automatic update of the slow motion factor when the program can't keep up the pace.
The slider should not go all the way left on its own anymore. (Automatic decreasing by some percentage may still occur, but not down to 1%)