My top priority would be to superimpose videos one on top of the other and have all the controls available that are in the two-view video comparison mode.

Hi Joan,

Been awhile since I posted. Been using the program and it is still working great. Have not had a chance to run the new ver 8.0 through many test yet, but I will soon. Anyways I would like to see sound added to the list. Many times when I am out filming my son hitting I will mark a certain section in the video with a comment so I can find it easier. With out the sound it makes it hard to find.

Thanks,
Mike

Hi guys, thanks for adding your voices.

@lwoydziak: This feature has also been raised recently by someone else on the french part of the forum, so I'll add your vote to it.
I really don't know when I'll be able to work on it though.

@Mike: Yeah, sound support is definitely on the todo-list, eventhough I sort of fear the added complexity in the code.

I will now translate the "suggestion list" and put it up here in this forum, I'm long overdue.

Hi,

My suggestions are:

Have the chance to minimize videos (not only close it) so that you can work with several ones at the same time
Add some more drawing tools (something looked like with shapes in Word) that works like Photoshop.

Hi Joan,
I know it has already been mentioned, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in about having audio in the next version.  I find Kinovea incredibly useful for something quite different than it was designed for;  I use it as an animation tool.  It's super handy to be able to go frame by frame through the motions I have animated, mark up the arcs, poses, facial expressions and output that for reference.  Having sound for both lip-syncing the characters and sound cues like crashing doors, splatting characters, and other nonsense would be absolutely awesome.  Just thought I'd toss that in there, and say thanks for a really slick, user-friendly program!

Cheers!
Rob  :-)

thank you for this really great programme.

there are many social scientists looking for a programme just like this! For us Sound is very, very important, so we can understand what people say - we can use the other tools as well. The programm should also be able to play sound slower/faster (as other players do).

I use this programme on a tablet pc - so I can directly draw into the picture. Has anyone tried to control the programme with a jog-dial?

thank you again
rene

Hi Joan!
Maybe you can add a commandline option as an example.
thank you
stephan

23 (edited by Runner 2009-10-06 00:02:54)

I just started using the Kinovea Experimental Version 0.8.1 for bicycle fit analysis and have found the tool very helpful. 

One feature that would be useful is trajectory tracking of an angle's points.  Currently I accomplish this by adjusting the angle points frame by frame in the video capture.  Is there a way I don't know about that does this with the angle tool? 

Another would be a runtime log of the angle's trajectory tracking changes.

Thanks guys for all the input and suggestions.
I've been quite busy with other stuff during the last month but I'll try to catch up smile

Thank YOU for a great program!
...small thing? Moving the cursor/markers with arrows instead of the mouse could increase accuracy in positioning.
For future projects: using a visual "doppler" effect on estimating speed on a person approaching or moving away from the camera. The change in height/width of an object per time frame.
Another thing: If I was interested in translating the program into Finnish or Swedish, how should I proceed?

Hi, thanks for the feedback

Alexander wrote:

Moving the cursor/markers with arrows instead of the mouse could increase accuracy in positioning.

Currently the arrows are already used to move the play head and the speed slider…
The only way I can think of mixing the two behaviors would be to have a sort of special mode that when enabled would change the arrow keys action… I don't know how this would be practical, will have to think about it.

(The "hand" cursor is a bit too big to be useful, this is on the todo list aswell.)

Another way would be to use the numbers on the numeric pad, but I think some have suggested to use them for hotkeys for named key image or as shortcuts for drawing tools.

Alexander wrote:

For future projects: using a visual "doppler" effect on estimating speed on a person approaching or moving away from the camera. The change in height/width of an object per time frame.

Wow, this is ambitious smile
I don't know if we could do that in a reliable way though… If the person is not coming/going exactly straight away, it would be innacurate…

Alexander wrote:

Another thing: If I was interested in translating the program into Finnish or Swedish, how should I proceed?

Please send me an e-mail : joan at kinovea dot org.
Currently the program is in a series of developpement iterations. Once it is stabilized, there will be a special localization iteration, where the languages should be added / updated.

Thanks.