Hi

I received some high speed footage in AVI Format (512x512). it plays perfectly in VLC Media Player, AVS Video, Windows media Player etc. but Kinovea displays a blank square with all controls enabled. Any ideas?

hi~
I'm a new user of this amazing software!
but it seems that I encountered the same problem.
I used Basler high speed camera and the software StreamPix to record high speed video(200fps),
and exported in AVI format.
I can play it with Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, and KMPlayer, but whenever I play it
with Kinovea, it turned out a black screen. Although all functions and features are available, I could
even play the video, but the screen was always black.
I don't know where the problem is, I tried to play other avi movies using Kinovea, and it works.
so could you please help me solving this problem?

I uploaded my high speed video here, hope it would help.

regards.

3 (edited by joan 2012-03-15 20:56:42)

Thanks for the video, it will help.
I didn't know about this software, it looks quite powerful.
I reproduce the issue, it's like the video is loaded fine but images are decoded to black or transparent.

During the capture process, do you specify a particular codec for encoding the AVI ? If so which one ?

edit:
After a quick test: the images are there but for some reason the alpha channel on each pixel is set to 0, so they are entirely transparent.

Do you by chance still have the .seq file from StreamPix around ? (Or the possibility to create a new one).
(At some point) I will be interested in studying the raw format for interoperability purposes.

hi~
I checked the setting about exporting files in StreamPix. There is only a Video Codec can be adjusted, (other settings are about Audio),
and the current codec setting is "No Video Compression". I tried to find any other settings about video codec but in vain....

Thank you for testing the file and replying immediately. I've upload the original .seq file to here.

Thanks for the file.
Unfortunately I don't have a solution for the AVI right now… Will have to study the problem more in depth.

well, thank you anyway~
hope you can find the solution~
thanks again!

Hi, I.m currently working with a highspeed camera from Citius called the Centurio C100 if I'm correct and it only saves the movies in an AVI container. All my videoplayers are able to play the movie but Kinovea only produces a black screen.

Hi, could you send me a small sample file to joan at kinovea dot org ?
Thanks

10 (edited by jorisbeurden 2012-04-05 09:21:45)

The smallest movie I currently have is about 25 MB big would that be a problem?

Yes it will be an issue smile I'll send you a link to upload the file.

Any luck with finding the problem yet?