1 (edited by coachgeo 2011-06-12 19:32:27)

I did some drawings (deg. angle pie) on key images and when played they loose synch with the video; they do not show up in the right places.  Same when saved in any format.   When going back to review key image individually in kinovea each key image's drawings have moved (or the key image moved a frame or two?). 

Can't see if it works when saved as Slide Show in any format cauce that is not working. Only one slide and one drawing appears the whole time.  It does not switch between slides.  Do have another thread on this topic though.

Uninstalled the program and reinstalled.

So far using on key images  "lines" and circle, Slides is working; sorta. Things stay in synch now both in saving and when clicking on each individual key image.   

I made 30 key images but only drew on a few of them.  (did NOT try angle pie yet though) Add those few drawn on ones together with the few key images that show a ghost of the previous drawings you get a total to 8 slides.  When saving as a slideshow.... I get only those 8 slides appearing and not any of the other 20something.   Is that normal?  Must a key image have something drawn or ghost on it for it to be recorded as a "slide"

Durration kept at default of 2 seconds

3 (edited by coachgeo 2011-06-12 21:01:55)

well maybe I missinterpreted what is going on and ghost do not matter?  Just added a few angle Pie's and saved as slide show.   BTW Im viewing slide shows in VLC.   anyway watching I still get only 8 slides.    Slides are only those at the beginning of the defined Work Zone.  Might even be the first eight.  That means 20+ more slides (some now with drawings) are NOT getting saved.

Is their a limit to number of slides in a slide show?

update.... guess 8 or so is it?  This time saved as vid with key images to pause 4sec as slides.  Again only around 8 pauses.... they didnt appear to be the first 8 though, but maybe my memory sucks when comparing vid/slide show to the 31 key images I have and the 10-12 that have drawing/ghost on them?

Re: Drawing loosing sync with the video. There is maybe a remaining issue with a specific input format / framerate and MKV as output format. Please detail your case.

Re: other experiments.
- It is not normal that key images with no drawing don't show up in the slide show export.
- The persistence (ghosting) is irrelevant for slideshow saving.
- There shouldn't be any limit to the number of key images to be exported in the slide show. Admittedly it wasn't tested thoroughly, so maybe there is a bug somehow.

To make further experiments and help with the diagnosis:
- Deactivate the ghosting if you want (Options > Preferences > Drawings > Persistence > uncheck "Enable persistence").
- Identify the key images by drawing big numbers on them with the pencil tool. Then check what goes out in the exported video.

Thanks

Hi Joan,

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a session where I create drawings and they are in sync with the loaded video. If I export those drawings (as a .kva file), the key-frame thumbnails are out of sync with the video by around 1 frame. If create new drawings and re-export that file, it becomes off by 2 frames. Something funny is happening when exporting just the drawings. If you burn them into the video, it seems to be fine.

It would be nice if Kinovea had a "project" file format that coupled video with drawings. I realize there is an autoload if the naming is the same but it seems there is bug between the .kva format and the video it's associate to.