I just installed Kinovea and am very impressed!  Good job.

1. Any chance you could add a rotate function (90 degrees at a time)?  I have some tennis video's, for example, where some are horizontal and some are vertical.

2. Where is the "fine-tune function (analysis?) function that you show in the help video?  I can't find it anywhere.  It is not in the same place as shown in the help video.

3. It would be nice to have a right-click function in the video files list that would allow the file to be deleted directly in Kinovea.

4. I don't understand what to do with the perspective grids.

5. Would it be possible to NAME a working area and save it with the file for the future?

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

1. It will be possible at some point because it is actually easy to do in .NET
The plan is to have a number of improvements of this nature, including a "focus region" (for a lack of a better name) where you simply zoom in/out and pan sidewise and also making the "mirror" option available anytime...
All this has an impact on many things (drawings, magnifier, exports etc.) and will need to be carefully tested to avoid regressions...

2. The "fine-tune" function is trigerred automatically depending on the size of the working zone (and the settings in Preferences>Play/Analyze>Switch to Analysis mode sliders.)
I know the meaning of the settings is not very straightforward but I wanted for casual users not to have to bother about it.
You can learn more about it in the article "General Tasks > Preferences" of the Help.

3. And renaming too... I'll append that to the todo-list with medium priority.

4. You map them on an existing plane of the video or you set them to reveal a plane that is not visible.
For example, say you study a tennis match, you could map the grid to the court. That way you can better assess where the players are evolving, and if you know the size of the court you can even infer the size of a single cell and make rough measurements.

5. Hmm... In the current design if you have defined a working area the resulting video will only contain this working area.
So, it will not be possible without modifying the workflow...
There might be something to do with the meta data file (drawings etc.) to save this information though...