HI I have just stumbled upon Kinovea while trying to analyse some footage (was previously using VLC, is kinovea based on VLC?)

I have a few questions:

Are there any developers that can customise Kinovea to just the features we require?

Are there any idiots guides for using the tools (want we want to do is be able to comment on footage and send video back with commentary etc) I have added some comments and text to the footage is it possible to auto pause the video on a comment (ideally outside of the Kinovea application playback with VLC or WMP etc)

I can get the stop watch to show but it doesnt then run?

Is there a Kinovea player application?

I am getting confused with the frame rate settings footage will always be at the same rate can this be set as preference?

At present using captured .avi files

Anyway I will have loads of other questions so thankyou for reading and very impressed so far!

HDAV wrote:

is kinovea based on VLC?

No, but both share use of the FFMpeg decoding library.

HDAV wrote:

is it possible to auto pause the video on a comment (ideally outside of the Kinovea application playback with VLC or WMP etc)

Auto pause is done through the time freeze export, lower right button. Do you know of an application that can be told to auto pause a video based on the video's meta data ?

HDAV wrote:

I can get the stop watch to show but it doesnt then run?

Yes, and I realize it's not very intuitive. When you add a stopwatch it just sits there. You have to right-click > start stopwatch.
Maybe it would be better to attach it a few frames back and turn on the counter on the current frame, I don't know.

HDAV wrote:

Is there a Kinovea player application?

Kinovea smile

HDAV wrote:

I am getting confused with the frame rate settings footage will always be at the same rate can this be set as preference?

The frame rate settings is only for high speed camera. You only have videos filmed in high speed ?

3 (edited by HDAV 2011-07-27 13:40:21)

HI Joan thank you for your reply:
No dont know of an auto pausing solution DVD can do it through menu manipulation and power point can I may just need to adjust the pause times

Figured that bit out works well when you know where it is

Looking for a basic player without editing controls that be used for playback only with Kinovea's very eloquent frame by frame viewing (and do so on a small touch screen without keyboard and mouse)

For this application yes all video will be shot at 120/121 fps (not using a consumer camera tongue ) and perhaps higher in future.......