I decided to buy an Acer Iconia Tab w500 and a PS eye usb camera to do my sports video analysis using Kinovea.  The Acer uses a 32 bit windows operating system.  I hooked up the PS eye and tried capturing some video directly into Kinovea.  The video had lots of skipping and delays.  I tried recording in every available frame rate with the same issues.  I tried using Kinovea version 8.15 and 8.16.  With 8.16 the program crashed every time I hit record.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is the problem with the tablet, camera, or with Kinovea?  Are there upgrades I could use or driver issues?  Do I need additional hardware like an SD card to record to?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I sunk a good amount of money into this to try to make it work specifically for this purpose so I'm looking for solutions.

Using 0.8.16, collect the program logs (see here) and attach them to this bug report 272. Both a crash log and the regular log would help.

In the meantime, try to tweak the memory settings under Options -> Preferences… > Capture > Memory.