Topic: Got 8.15 to do 2 screen captures using 2 PS3eye cameras
I had seen thread(s) on this and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has been able to get 2 of the same type of video capture source to perform 2 capture screens successfully. I happened to stumble through a way to make this work on a very outdated laptop. First, the laptop:
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Dell Inc. Inspiron 1520
2.20 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Multi-core (2 total)
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A09 07/11/2008
500.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
464.09 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
3582 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
Now, for what I did and most importantly, how I did it as the procedure seems to be important since there was no other sequence of plugging in and disconnecting that seems to work.
1) start Kinovea
2) plug in1 PS3eye camera to a USB port
3) from the "View" tab, select "Two capture screens"
4) on the left capture screen, under Select Source, choose "PS3Eye camera" (the camera s view becomes active)
5) plug in the 2nd PS3Eye camera into another usb port
6) on the right capture screen, under Select Source, choose "PS3Eye camera" (the camera s view becomes active)
from this point, I was able to record simultaneously on both cameras.
I tried other ways of connecting and disconnecting the cameras but had no luck making it work.
I would be interested in knowing if such procedures would work with 2 identical camcorders as well.