Hey Forum... really hoping I can get some help here as I'm itching to take a look at this software! big_smile

The installation seemed to go well but all I get when opening the program is the 'Kinovea has stopped working' dialog box and the option to close the prog or check online (which doesn't seem to do anything... I guess that's what I'm doing now... hehe)

I followed the steps on the sticky and no logs have been created.  All I have is the 'problem details'

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:    kinovea.exe
  Problem Signature 02:    0.8.15.27628
  Problem Signature 03:    4dcd3e49
  Problem Signature 04:    mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05:    2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:    4bebd50b
  Problem Signature 07:    1b2b
  Problem Signature 08:    c
  Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
  OS Version:    6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:    1033

I also checked out the bugs tracker to see if anyone had a similar experience.

My gut feeling is it has something to do with .NET framework.  I took a look in the folders and it seems I have the required 2.0 (Actually the folder version is v2.0.50727)

However... I downloaded a .NET verification tool from
Aaron Stebner's blog and after a scan it returns the result 'Product Verification failed.  See log.'

I then tried Microsoft .NET repair tool and still get a failed verification.

So... do you think I'm on the right track in resolving this?  If so I will post the log that the verification tool produces.

I'm using Windows 7 - 64bit

Many thanks in advance!

Wait until you hear from someone more knowledgeable but here is another thread possibly related to your problem.

http://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250

My Kinovea 8.15 installation did not work on an old XP computer until I found this thread and downloaded some missing MS software.

I won't be of much help except to say that it does work on my Win7 64bit machine at work.
The error in this context seems to be pointing to a missing .dll somewhere in the .NET Framework. Maybe try to uninstall and reinstall .NET, manually or through Windows update if possible. (You can install 3.5 instead of 2.0, but one of these two must be installed).

Still interested by the log from the verification tool. Please attach it to bug 288.

4 (edited by Global 2012-09-20 01:46:39)

Thanks for the replies smile

So here's the steps I've taken so far.  I checked any outstanding Windows updates and installed any that pertain to .NET, (which were all for v3.5)

I also tried a manual install of 3.5 (though as far as I am aware 3.5.1 comes with Win 7).  I had no errors reported on install but the verification tool still reports a fail (I will attach the log to the bug report)

For what it's worth I also downloaded v4.0 'full' pack and the verification tool checks out a pass.

I then went for v2.0 (having read that any version can be installed at any time and in any order) and that did not work.  Perhaps I went for the wrong version but it said it was not supported on Vista (I am on Win 7)

So I'm still a little stuck... the log files point to missing dlls and I tried sfc /scannow to see if anything could be resolved there, but it found no errors.

Hoping you can get some ideas from the logs (also hoping I haven't done anything horrendous to my PC somewhere along the line - though I tend not to delete dlls hehe)

Thanks guys

Just a quick update

Having suffered enough with some other computer errors such as intermittent startup failures (which turned out to be a faulty mainboard) I decided to upgrade and reinstall my OS.  One of the 1st programs I installed was Kinovea and it is working like a dream!

So far I have been really impressed with what it can do!  Thank you so much to the developer(s), this is awesome!  Joan, is this a solo effort?