Experimental version feedback needed ! wink
Beware of regressions and report anything suspicious. Do not assume the issue is known.

Installer: check 0.8.20 instead.

Warning
The file format for the preferences has completely changed. I have added a mechanism to convert from the old format to the new one, but please double check anything suspicious.
If you think the converter missed something or changed something, please report it, and ideally attach the follwing files (from the %appdata% directory): "Preferences.xml" and "Preferences.xml.bak" (this one is a backup of your old preferences).

Trackability
I'm sure you're having trouble focusing on this paragraph with the animation right below wink
The main improvement of this version is the introduction of a trackability framework that allows many tools to be tracked during playback.
To track a drawing, right click it and choose "Track path" from the context menu.
The following tools can be tracked: lines, arrows, cross markers, angles, individual spotlights, the magnifier, some of the custom tools introduced in the last release like the goniometer or the bikefit tool, and the coordinate system (more on that below).

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/tracking.gif

Usage of trackability
- Currently it's a playback-only feature, you can't save the data of the tracking. This will probably be worked on in of the two next releases (the existing "export to spreadsheet" machinery is not up to the job).
- It'll work mostly in the same context as the trajectory tool, so the optimal results are obtained with markers of round shape that have a high contrast with their immediate background (refer to this topic).
- Unlike the trajectory tool though, if the target is not found, the tracking is not aborted.
- The playback is slowed down to allow for the tracking algorithm to operate.
- If you modify the position of a tracked point manually, it counts as a re-targetting: all recorded data for this point is discarded as it starts tracking the new target.

New tools
Some new tools in the custom tools family:

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/newtools.0.8.19.png
- Angle to vertical: To measure an angle relatively to a vertical line.
- Angle to horizontal: To measure an angle relatively to an horizontal line.
- Horizontal distance: To measure the horizontal distance between two points that are not necessarily horizontally aligned in the first place.

These 3 new tools are trackable.

Integrated coordinate system
The coordinate system is now displayed and manipulated directly from the main window.
It also has optional goodies like tick marks, full grid, and you can change its color.

http://www.kinovea.org/screencaps/0.8.x/coordinatesystem.jpg

It's also trackable, so we can imagine exporting the trajectory of a point relatively to another moving point. (wrist vs elbow, ankle vs knee, etc.)

Spanish Manual !
Woosh ! Jose M. Palao has translated the entire manual to spanish, it's available online and in the software itself, a million thanks!

Bugs
Should have been killed: 273, 277, 287.

Joan.

Joan,

Great job on the new version!  The Bike Fit tool works very well and I appreciate your time in adding and refining all the new tools. 

I uploaded a very short video that shows the excellent tracking results with the Bike Fit tool.  The video was set to 30%.  Without any markers, the software only loses the foot for a single frame, but accurately reacquires.  This is a very good result, in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/2xmI7utNZNw

I did log a minor bug report and I'm still evaluating whether it was repeatable.

Regards,
Alan

Nice smile
I think using markers is still important to get best results. Otherwise even if the points seem to be locked on target, they actually make some small movements around and the angles are not top accurate.

Thanks for the bug report!

Oh, I added the video plugin for the forum by the way. Testing it with your video right now:

[video]http://youtu.be/2xmI7utNZNw[/video]

ok, after looking through the forums, i see this has been covered a little bit. I believe Joan, that you mentioned this might be an unusual situation.  However in downloading baseball and softball swings,  The speeds vary greatly.   The below is cut and paste from the bugs thread

First off, i love this program, i am using at a softball hitting coach.

I record in full speed, then as a comparison video, i would normally use a slow motion giff.   
so i must adjust speed sliders, both, as i also slow down the full speed video.
Ok, great so far.  Then i sync up.  fine.

But, if i use the common slider button, it slides the video, in the original uploaded speed, not the adjusted speed.

Get what i am saying?
Coarse, maybe i am missing something.

Also, when i save the comparision video, it saves it in the original speeds.
Dang, i sound so ungratefull, i would use this program as is forever, but, dos'nt hurt to ask

Another thing, every time i open up 8.19, a box comes up
"key image data not saved"

Answered in the other thread.