Hello,

Instead of jumping right into coding the next features, I will be doing an iteration to improve Kinovea website.

So far my goals are to:
- Simplify the landing page to the max so that it has just bold images with features and a download button.
- Move to a newer version of Wordpress for the rest of the site (blog and special pages), to simplify managing.
- Have the experimental versions linked from somewhere else than the forum, to encourage testing.
- Move to a newer version of punbb for the forum, to get better anti-spam extensions.
- Add subforums for "hardware and cameras" and "ideas, feature requests and brainstorming".
- Phase out the french blog. I don't have time to properly manage it.
- Re-implement the idea backlog in a more modern way.
- Start to implement a viewer for custom tools introduced in 0.8.18, in JavaScript. This would be the first step towards an online editor.

If you think something else should be on this list please chime in.
smile

Hi Joan
For info the forum looks good with Firefox and Chrome but Replies/Views/Last Post are out of place in my IE9 - all shifted to the right so windy and very wide page (3 empty columns then 3 extra columns)
Back to playing with the new toys in 8.19 big_smile
Regards & thanks

Mike

Thanks for the report! I admit I haven't tested at all in IE…
I think we also lost the avatars on the forum… I'll have to check this out.

There are also probably a host of dead links here and there. Please anyone report the dead links here so I can fix them.

Regarding the forum, if you had special chars in your password like à, é, ø (and you should), it is possible that you'll need to reset your password next time you logout. It's not a security issue, it's just that the hash saved in the database used to be computed on the iso-8859-1 representation of your password, and now it's using utf-8. (ok, that explanation was probably not asked for, sorry).

Hi,

I wrote one post two or three hours ago, but now, I don't see it. I wrote it with old version forum (subforum bugs) title post: "Only for information: kinovea 0.8.19 - translation")

Thank, Regards.

Yes, I noticed it. I sent you a mail with the message content to recreate it, sorry for the inconvenience.

The CSS problem with IE9 should be fixed, as well as avatars.

Got it smile
Thanks

1) The highlight color for selecting with the mouse is very faint.

2) The color function for coloring text is not working.

test, test2

[color=red]test[/color], [color=#6CAF12]test2[/color]

It seems to work for me. I admit I don't remember how it was working before, there was a color picker?
I'll check for the highlight color.

10 (edited by Chas Tennis 2012-10-10 11:35:43)

When I try to add color none are offered and I get -

Warning! The following errors must be corrected before your message can be posted:

{color] tag had an empty attribute section

Possible relevance?  I'm using Firefox.   I've changed a security setting so that I will be asked each time that I'm being redirected to another website.

Yes you have to enter the color name manually for now. I'll see if we can get the color picker back.

Great job with the website updates!