1 (edited by jonh 2012-10-10 11:13:59)

Hi all,
Have been playing a little more with the new tools and am confused as to how this is happening.
I am using the new horizontal measure tool to measure a horses stride length, when I do this live I get a result in a range I would expect to see, however when I then save the screen as a key image it saves with a different dimension displayed?
Even more strange when I then go to save the video with a pause on each key image it replays with a 3rd result displayed??
I'm sure this is something to do with calibration but not getting anywhere with sorting it out, the difference is not small either, result 1 = 2.8m result 2 = 2.1m & result 3 = 3.5m.
Anyone care to advise? If it helps I can post the video.
Cheers
Jon
Edit
Have just gone back & done the same process with 8.15 and no problems I get the same result throughout....

It sounds like a bug in the calibration/image stretch adaptation. Can you confirm the bug happens also with the regular line tool used for calibration and not just with the new horizontal distance tool?

Hi Joan,
No I think it's just the new tool, if you draw a line (simple line tool) parallel to the horizontal measure tool it comes up with a different result.

4 (edited by joan 2012-10-10 17:03:35)

Ok thanks for the test. Found the problem, the tool was using the "display" (possibly stretched or squeezed) coordinates to compute the length label.
Saving to video should have given same results as during playback though, I'll have to double check that.

edit: Actually saving to video is the one that was giving you the right measure. The others are subject to the problem since the image is likely stretched or squeezed.

See thats why we all love Kinovea & you Joan, find a bug, report it & you come back with "oh thanks found and fixed it" if only all things in life were like that smile
By the way did you see my other post about the new profile & genu tools and not being able to stretch the "limbs" to get them to align with the image?
Many thanks
Jon