Please be gentle its my first post.
I am cricket coach and have just downloaded this great piece of software.
I have downloaded some video clips off my iphone on to the software to analyse but the footage
plays horizontally not vertically. Please help and advise me how to rotate the clips.

May sound obvious but which way up did you have your phone when you recorded it?
As far as I know phones will only do video in landscape (ie sideways).
I have seen posts on other forums about converting portrait to landscape but they seemed VERY involved & I somewhat doubt their success.

Currently there is no way to turn the video inside Kinovea. I think VirtualDub can do it, if your format is supported there.
You can vote for the feature on the idea backlog.

In the meantime, just say no to vertical videos tongue

joan wrote:

Currently there is no way to turn the video inside Kinovea. I think VirtualDub can do it, if your format is supported there.
You can vote for the feature on the idea backlog.

In the meantime, just say no to vertical videos tongue

Many Thanks

jonh wrote:

May sound obvious but which way up did you have your phone when you recorded it?
As far as I know phones will only do video in landscape (ie sideways).
I have seen posts on other forums about converting portrait to landscape but they seemed VERY involved & I somewhat doubt their success.

I had the phone in the up right position. When I play on my pc it plays the right way up. Only when I play on Kinovea does it rotate to the left.