1 (edited by coachgeo 2013-12-23 03:22:22)

Did several search attempts but must be using the wrong key words.  Looking for info on writing a starting/opening string that will open kinovea in ready to film mode.  Swear I remember this discussed before but I can't find it.

The goal would be... on a pad/laptop w/ Win8 ... have ability  Kinovea Novice (recreational sport class coach) to hit an icon that opens Kinevoa right into the mode to video record an athlete!.  A one click and go thing.  In a teaching environment we don't have time to click thru various things to get into record mode.  These coaches wont need any other knowledge to use the other tools of Kinovea.  BUTTTT us masters coaches with bit more Kinovea savy can use those tools if we choose. Just need FAST access due to the pace of the instructional environment.    The camera will always be the same (camera on the pad/laptop) Also to be able to quickly with only one stroke view the video... in slow motion after recording. 

Any suggestions on key words to point me to a thread on such a topic if any exist?

2 (edited by coachgeo 2013-12-23 03:24:39)

Caveat to that... We also will have registered with a website where there is a catalog of video's of athletes performing certain skills.  Would be great to also FAST pull one into the side by side screen mode of Kinovea so our athlete and coach can compare... but we need to access this FAST with out clicking around.  So maybe make double viewing mode the default one?   Videos are youtube played mostly and not stored on the laptop/pad but accessed via a LAN network.  The catalog of videos is a website off the internet and videos are stored on their servers. I dont think they actually play from youtube indirectly but maybe they do?

So here I must apologize.. My knovea is very old version.  I've not toyed with it in a while so accessing youtube video for viewing  in one of the side by side screens or for analysis may already be a quick  process in the versions beyond the one I last used.

Hi,
Unfortunately I think what you want to do is not currently possible.

At the moment the command line interface can only open Kinovea in playback mode, not capture or mixed mode. It is definitely a weak point to be addressed.

Opening YouTube streams or anything directly from Internet is not possible. If they cache the videos as files on a shared drive on the local network and the machine running Kinovea can access it then it should pose no problem (although I haven't much tested playing videos from network locations).