16 (edited by NeilHa 2020-02-09 16:15:12)

Thanks Joan, 64 bit is the way ahead for sure. I have sent a note to Code Laboratories support asking if they have, or plan a 64 bit driver. I'll provide an update if and when I get a response.
* Update. 09Feb20. No response from Code Laboratories or the original author of the CL PS EYE driver regarding plans for a 64bit version so have switched to a different driver which appears to work pretty well in 64bit mode with Kinovea 9.1 on both Windows 10 and 7 64bit. It can be found here :  https://github.com/jkevin/PS3EyeDirectS … rBeta2.msi

Joan, Kinovea 9.1 is amazing! All of the issues in 8.27 are resolved and it does everything the old AutoIt script we used before did, but better. The automation runs flawlessly, the embedded microphone trigger and delay is such a nice improvement, OV4689 cameras deliver a true 100fps at 1280x720, etc.

I'll post a sample clip of OV4689 vs OV2710 in the OV4689 topic since the OV4689s work for me, but apparently not everyone.

Thanks again!

I was initially confused how to use the audio trigger. I hope this will help others.

In preferences, Memory Tab;
Make sure there is enough memory for Video Delay.

In preferences, Recording Tab;
Enable Delayed: records delayed frames

In preferences, Automation Tab;
Enable Audio Trigger
Set trigger threshold (make sure trigger threshold is not too low)
Set Stop recording by duration (s): (input Time duration IE:5)

In Video capture screen;
Set delay(s): (input time duration IE:2.5, Less than Stop Recording by duration time)

Do not trigger Capture manually. Capture will trigger and create file when microphone hears sound that exceeds trigger threshold.

Joan, thank you and your team SO MUCH! Having worked with the program now for 1/2 a day, the audio trigger, delay screen capture at camera framerate and multiple instances of Kinovea makes my teaching so much more efficient! It will allow me to spend more time out with the student and less time "manning" the computer to capture swings! Kinovea is an amazing program! CHEERS!

First of all, I would like to thank you for creating awsome software that people can use free.  Thank you very much.   

I am using the audio trigger and delay record video on new 0.9.1. Love it.   Once the delayed video is captured, how do I make it so that it pops up in New window automatically so that i dont have to click on it.

How do I make it so that delayed video is played at slower speed all the time so that I do not have to set it every recorded video?

Can the drawing be transfered so that I don't have to draw it on every recording? Or at least save the drawing setting??

Thanks much

dong979us wrote:

Once the delayed video is captured, how do I make it so that it pops up in New window automatically so that i dont have to click on it.

You can do File > Open replay folder observer… and point it to the directory where the videos are captured. Any time a new video file is created in this folder it will automatically open and start playing in that screen.

dong979us wrote:

How do I make it so that delayed video is played at slower speed all the time so that I do not have to set it every recorded video?

Once you make the videos open in a replay folder observer, you can reduce the speed and it should keep that setting for the next videos.

dong979us wrote:

Can the drawing be transfered so that I don't have to draw it on every recording? Or at least save the drawing setting??

If you want to have specific drawings always loaded whenever a video is opened, you can do this:
- Add the drawing.
- Save as .KVA (File > Save, Save only the analysis).
- Rename it to "playback.kva".
- Copy it to the application data directory, which you can get from Help > Open log folder.

When you do this, every video will open playback.kva and import its content.
This can also be done with the capture screen, the file has to be named "capture.kva".

One thing that is in the works though is to have the drawings you add in the capture screen to automatically be saved as a KVA file alongside the recorded video. This would solve your problem in a better way I think and will also help with setting the time origin and other things.

NeilHa wrote:

* Update. 09Feb20. No response from Code Laboratories or the original author of the CL PS EYE driver regarding plans for a 64bit version so have switched to a different driver which appears to work pretty well in 64bit mode with Kinovea 9.1 on both Windows 10 and 7 64bit. It can be found here :  https://github.com/jkevin/PS3EyeDirectS … rBeta2.msi

This is great!

Hi Joan.  I haven't used the software in quite sometime so had to reinstall.  I just wanted to say just how impressive your development is!  Really fantastic work!

This might be a little detail, but I installed this on my daughter's pc (let's call her USER1).  I downloaded and installed from my login on her computer (let's call this USER2).  When I opened Kinovea from USER2, the dialog box that opens has a "Quick Access" section and for whatever reason, it is the quick access for USER1.  So when I click downloads or documents, it opens those folders in USER1 instead of USER2 for which I am logged in.

Hope this is helpful.  Again thanks for all of your hard work!

Thanks.

By "the dialog box that opens has a "Quick Access" section", you mean when doing menu File > Open video file? I'm not sure how the Quick Access feature of these system dialog work to be honest, we just setup the dialog title, initial directory and file type filter. The rest is handled by Windows. It seems weird that a user could have access to the files of another.

You could also try with the .zip version instead of the installer, it is self-contained in whichever folder you extract the zip to, so if the problem is coming from the application data folder (which has the preferences, shortcuts, history and is normally stored under the user files), maybe it won't have the same issue.

Hey all,

First off a huge thank you to all involved in Kinovea - Joan I think? It's a fantastic piece of software to have availbe for free and has helped us win some races over the years!

I've recently downloaded 0.9.1;which is a big improvement in many areas over older versions. I am however having some issues and I am not sure if it's my hardware/software/video file combinations or if they are known issues with 0.9.1. I hope I explain the following concisely

1 - Side by side Sync; to successfully sync side by side videos I must first set the first frame of sync with "working" area, if I don't do this then the right hand screen vid does not sync on selected frame

2 - Spreadsheet Export - I cannot get any of the export files to work - for example I create key images with comments at certain time throughout a 3 min video - I wish to share these comments via excel with athletes I coach to ease analysis during our Lockdowns. Sadly non of the 3 availbe files export into anything readable - I have tried Notepad, WordPad, all web browsers, excel, google docs etc....

3 - Stopwatches - when I name a stopwatch the name does not appear on screen - or in the exported spreadsheets obviously.

4 - Speed Units etc.. - when I change display units in "preferences" it does not change on screen - so for example if I want to track the COM of a body and display it's speed in m/s or km/h it will not allow me to do this it only displays speed in pixels (px/s)

5 - The vat majority of my use of Kinovea is in split screen mode - so maybe some of the issues are arising in my methodology or Kinovea's split screen functionality.

Thanks in advance and thanks again for the software

Hi!

P1 wrote:

1 - Side by side Sync;
the right hand screen vid does not sync on selected frame

Yes, it's a bug. It is fixed for the next version.

P1 wrote:

2 - Spreadsheet Export
I wish to share these comments via excel with athletes

Ah yes, the main use-case for this function is to export raw data so that further computations can be done in Excel/Calc, etc.
There were plans at some point for a richer export like maybe a PDF booklet with key images and comments but this isn't implemented right now.

The only way to share comments at this point is to share the .KVA file and for the recipient to load it back in Kinovea over the original video.

P1 wrote:

3 - Stopwatches - when I name a stopwatch the name does not appear on screen - or in the exported spreadsheets obviously.

Yep, it was an oversight, it's fixed in the next version.

P1 wrote:

4 - Speed Units etc..
it only displays speed in pixels (px/s)

Did you set up a calibration object? You need it for the program to relate pixels to real distances. Either with a line or a perspective grid, then right click > calibrate.

Did you set up a calibration object? You need it for the program to relate pixels to real distances. Either with a line or a perspective grid, then right click > calibrate.

Thank you for the swift reply Joan, much appreciated!

I have not calibrated / related Pixels to real distance . So I will do this! Thank you - I'm looking forward to the next version

28 (edited by joan 2020-05-28 16:09:46)

Buenas Tardes: He experimentado un bug (cierre del software) al intentar acceder a preferencias. Por Otro lado sería interesante conservar audio de los videos cuando se termina la edición.

Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener más detalles sobre cómo invocar a la depuración
Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diálogo.

************** Texto de la excepción **************
NAudio.MmException: UnspecifiedError calling waveInOpen
   en NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.OpenWaveInDevice()
   en NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.StartRecording()
   en Kinovea.ScreenManager.AudioInputLevelMonitor.Start(String id)
   en Kinovea.Root.PreferencePanelCapture.cmbInputDevice_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   en Kinovea.Root.PreferencePanelCapture.InitPageAutomation()
   en Kinovea.Root.PreferencePanelCapture.InitPage()
   en Kinovea.Root.PreferencePanelCapture..ctor()
   en Kinovea.Root.FormPreferences2.ImportPages()
   en Kinovea.Root.FormPreferences2..ctor()
   en Kinovea.Root.RootKernel.mnuPreferencesOnClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Ensamblados cargados **************
mscorlib
    Versión del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0
    Versión Win32: 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    Código base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Kinovea
    Versión del ensamblado: 0.9.1.0
    Versión Win32: 0.9.1.0
    Código base: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Kinovea/Kinovea.exe
----------------------------------------

(edited to remove long list of loaded assemblies)

Hello danielbenja,

Google translate version:
Esto se parece al error que describí aquí: https://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewto … 4204#p4204
Quizás esto te ayude.
Solución 1: Habilite el acceso al micrófono (en Windows-Settings-Privacy-Microphone).
Solución 2: Desactivar el dispositivo de entrada de audio en su conjunto (en Windows-Settings-Audio).

English version:
This looks like the bug I described here: https://www.kinovea.org/en/forum/viewto … 4204#p4204

arnopluk wrote:

PROBLEM
In Windows privacy settings you can disable access to the microphone. When this is the case, Kinovea 0.9.1 crashes when you try to open the 'settings' menu. The fact that you cannot enter the 'settings' menu, makes it impossible to properly work with Kinovea.
The error from JIT that is reported is posted (in Dutch) in the Github link above. The logfile shows no error.

Workaround 1: Enable access to the microphone (in Windows-Settings-Privacy-Microphone).
Workaround 2: Disabling the audio input-device as a whole (in Windows-Settings-Audio).

Maybe this helps you.

Sí, es muy probable que sea el mismo problema. Si es así, se arreglará en la próxima versión.