Hello,

There is a new feature coming that I think will be interesting; it's called "Paused Video".
It lets you save the current video but with longer pauses on the key images (drawings painted on).

This way you can create an explanation video by having the normal video enhanced with labels and arrows on key moments and the pause let viewers read and understand or let you comment orally.
I have seen several people post-processing videos made with Kinovea to achieve this effect, so it occured to me that it would be a time saver if it was already available.

If you want to see what I am talking about, here is a quick example I made: Saving paused videos.

The problem I have now is that I don't know where would be the most sensible place to provide this new saving method.
I think you can help.:D

Here are my thoughts so far:

1 - Along the Diaporama dialog. (last button in the lower right of a Player Screen - did you know that thing was there ?).
It was my first idea because the dialog can be used almost as is.
However I quickly discovered that the Title of the dialog (Save a Diaporama of Key images) is misleading and make the concept of the paused video not obvious.

2 - In the regular saving dialog. (Available under the File menu)
The problem here is that there are already 4 options (I have simplified it recently, but there still are 4 options.)
Putting one more may decrease the overall usability of this dialog, and it is a crucial dialog that should really be the simplest possible.

3 - In an advanced tab of the regular saving dialog.
I fear the user won't find the feature there…

4 - In a new menu under file - but I can't find a name that would fit without competing with the Save… menu.

That's it.
I appreciate any suggestion around this usability puzzle.:)

Hi Joan,

To my opnion it could be best positioned in the right handed lower corner with a dedicated button.

Hi,
Thanks for the input. I'll try this out.