I have been using Video analysis for Competitive Trampoline Sports in Australia already, and I have been trialling your system briefly and I think it shows a lot of promise.

Even though it is great to be able to RECORD sections of the video for later replay or analysis, for use during training it is much more efficient if analysis can be done with the buffered video, rather than needing to RECORD it first before you can use the Slow Motion functionality. For example: the delay mode for the Captured Video Window is great, but more functionality will be much better for INSTANT review and analysis. I find if you give the feedback immediately to the athlete, they can act on it instantly, as we have replay system setup right beside the apparatus.

QUESTION: Are you looking to incorporate the Playback and Slow Motion functionality, as well as the delay you already have for the Captured Video Window?

APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT FOR OUR CLUB: We are looking to use IPADS/IPODS/IPHONES wirelessly connected to the PC running Kinovea using SPLASHTOP remote access which gives TOUCH PAD control of the program and allows simple zooming and panning functionality via the IPAD. We have found the video transfers instantly with negligible losses to the IPAD and works great with this program.

The next step we would like to apply is to display the IPAD Desktop, which the coach is operating, onto a Projected Screen so the athletes can easily see from the aparatus they are training on. The reason we would like to project the IPAD desktop rather than the PC desktop (which would be a simpler solution, is that we can zoom in to utilize the full VIDEO screen on whatever part of the desktop we wish.

HOPEFULLY you will extend SLOWMOTION FOWARD & BACKWARDS and STEP FRAME MOTION FORWARD & BACKWARDS to your CAPTURED VIDEO Window!!!!!!

A great product so far. Congratulations! Darren

Hello,
What you can do for starters is use the "Play/Pause" button on the camera screen (next to configure), this will freeze the capture buffer.
Then use the delay slider to navigate in the live frames recently captured.

Ok the Pause/Play function seems useful, but I have a feeling it stops recording in the background doesn't it?
Usually while we are reviewing one person, there are another 2 athletes working on skills that may also require quick viewing and analysis.

If while I have paused, other action is going on, we would be missing it I suppose, unless we had 2 camera capturing the same image simultaneously. That is possibly the other solution to this problem, unless you can continue to record in background as I mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Talk soon

If you need to have two separate feeds, you could split your camera source. A webcam splitter or something like this could be a solution:

http://www.manycam.com/

thanks strangely enough I just downloaded this to try. It seems to be a good solution for now. Do you think the option of have pause, slowmo, etc from the captured video while still recording in the background is a possibility for future updgrades? I ultimately think this would great functionality and allows a much more efficient use of one capture window while being able to utilise ideal video models in the other window?

Thanks for your help so far and I am loving the prospects of this program.

I didn't even know such splitting tool existed ! Could have saved me a few bucks when I first worked on the dual capture screen, instead of buying a cheapo webcam tongue

@splatent: Note that there is a bug when using the two capture screens view. You need to go to menu Options > Preferences > Playback and decrease the ammount of memory (second slider) to something like 300/400MB. Otherwise you might get a crash (actual RAM you have is irrelevant).

Also, the current design is to record exactly what happens on screen, so the ability to browse the recently captured event while still capturing in the background is not considered for now.