Has anyone tried this yet ?

I just stumbled upon this guide on how to use Photoshop in Ubuntu. It mentions tricks to make it look like it's a native application.

2 (edited by coachgeo 2013-03-24 03:03:00)

since this is open source......... how about putting a call out to linux folk to convert this program to linux? Linux's  Ubuntu is popular but being replaced I hear by Linux's Fedora anyway........ though maybe I heard wrong?  Granted Linux is Linux...... The name (Fedora, Ubuntu etc) is just the face, look and feel......... linux is the engine no matter the name.

Myself I use ONLY fedora/Linux  Operating system . Can not afford a new power computer AND pay for Win OS so Linux was only option.

Kinovea is ONLY program thus far I need that is not available in Linux.  PLEASE get Kinovea in Linux!!!!

If anyone knows of a program like kinovea in linux......... please speak up.

I thought it might be of interest to let people know that I was able to get kinovea working with Wine this afternoon.  I am running it on Mac OSX using PlayOnMac, but Im sure it would also run on any linux flavor that Wine supports.  The configuration I was able to get working was using Wine 1.5.29 running WinXP. I also needed to load the following additional components:  .Net 3.0 SP1, msvcr80, and gdiplus. 

I am not a wine expert; so there might be other components that would help it run more smoothly, but everything I have tried so far seems to work as expected.

Thanks!