1 (edited by joan 2013-11-14 14:29:20)

I have looked through the various help topics but can't find a quick answer to my question. Hopefully the forum will come to my rescue. I have a video of my golf swing; using Kinovea I have drawn 2 vertical lines to the side of my body, one left & one right; I want to see whether I "sway" forward or back as I swing down & thru the ball. I save the  (using both options to merge and keep key images with the video), but when I then play the video my lines are there OK but fade away as I play the video. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

<added more descriptive title>

You can right click the lines, choose "persistence", uncheck "use default", and check "always visible".
Alternatively, you can do that for all drawings ever from the global preferences in Drawings > Persistence.

From what I gather the persistence feature is one of the main usability issue with drawings and bites newcomers. It's not obvious that it's there or how to use it. Any feedback on improving this is appreciated.

For your scenario you might be interested in the "Posture" tool from the custom tools (long click the Goniometer to make the extra tools appear).

Thanks Joan, I have that working now. I'll have a look at the Posture tool as well.