sorry but what you mean with "long click"? (i'm from italy :-)) and, is it possible to track angles only with this tool or there is another way?

By long click I mean press the mouse button down for longer than you normally would. The tool is really for tracking angles, there are other ways of tracking angles but the software (such as Dartfish) is expensive.

i can't find it.....if you time and will can you please take a look at you computer and tell me? thanks

niklas.quetri wrote:

i can't find it.....if you time and will can you please take a look at you computer and tell me? thanks

Hi,
First of all, you need the experimental version if it's not the case already.
Then check this topic : Experimental version - 0.8.18 for a visual description of the new toolbar.

Hi Joan, thanks a lot! i found the tool on the experimental version. Does it works only with auto tracking or when it looses the point i can point it manually?

The way it works for now is that each time you manually moves a point, it will reset the series of saved positions for this point. From that moment, it will start tracking the new point.

Hi, first post so I would start by saying what an awesome progam you have created, it is as good as, and even better than some of the Motion Analysis programs out there costing thousands of dollars. I am currently studying to become a Personal Trainer and Cycling Coach so I will be using the software extensively, especially the Bike Fit.
I have got the software working with 2 PS3 eye cameras ($5 each second hand) so must have the cheapest 60fps 2 camera motion analysis system on the planet!!

Here are a few suggestions for improving the software ( specifically the Bike Fit tool )

1. The ability to start recording from both cameras with one button so that they are syncronised.

2. I would like to see an extra point in the bike fit tool for heel, although looking at the XML file for the bike fit tool, I should probably be able to do this myself. If I do I'll  paste the code into a later post

3. The ability to trace trajectory of each point as well as angles. (vital to track unwanted joint movement in the pedal stroke)

4. The ability to edit the path of all the tracking points on the custom tools without loosing the previous points

5. Leading on from point 3&4, the ability to show or hide the angle or individual Trajectories, as having 9 Traces and angles would get very messy on the screen and make it impossible to read the data

6. A seperate colour for each point by default to make it easier to identify points at a glance

6. Support for 4 cameras! My experience fitting people to bikes in shops over many years has taught me that you need to view the bike from all sides to assess the riding position fully.

7. Ability to Capture ANT+ data from HR monitor, Speed/Cadence meters and most importantly Power Meters.

8 The ability to overlay tracking paths from previous videos so you can compare after making adjustments to the bike setup.

Thats all for now.

Cheers

simonp

Hi All

I am trying to tracking knee angles during movement like the example provided here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-sWCOBW344

I am trying to apply this to jumping, however the angles do not remain fixed on the person after short amount of time. Is there any reason for this? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated

24 (edited by joan 2015-01-21 17:11:49)

Hello,

The automated tracking performance will depend on the subject, background, markers, light, motion blur, and other factors.
In any cases you should consider that it might be required to manually adjust some points to get the correct trajectory.

One limitation of the current version is that angle tracking (and other tools) does not let you configure the sizes of the tracking windows (search window and object window).

The trajectory tool does not have this limitation and let you alter the tracking windows sizes. You may want to try this one first. Analysis windows with kinematics plots are also only supported for the trajectory tool.

The trajectory tool tracker's default settings are the same as the angle tool ones, but the tracking windows are visible, so you could use this to better understand why the automated tracking fails in the case of the angle. The usual issue is that too much of the background is included in the object window. In this case you would have to somehow make the markers appear bigger (by using bigger ones or moving the camera closer for example). You should use round-shaped markers. It may take a few tries to find the optimum sizes for the combination of markers/background/motion blur in your videos.

You could also use three trajectory tools and compute the angle externally.

When the tracking eventually fails in the trajectory tool, rewind back to the first point of failure and use the right click menu to delete bogus points coming after.

edit: Another thing to note, the current algorithm doesn't fare very well with occlusions. For squat jump scenarios for example, an arm might temporarily occlude a hip marker. In this case it might be required to manually adjust the tracker during the frames where the marker is invisible.

Also review this topic dedicated to markers.