Hello:

I'm having some issues which i hope they are easy to resolve but i did not find solution reading forum and tutorial.

I have bought two Microsoft LifeCam studio which image quality are very good and afordable.

Im using the experimental version of Kinovea .23

The first problem im having is:

With a gamer PC using intel core i7 4900K and a motherboard ROG series ( i think is very capable for handle 2 cameras at same time) i set up the both cameras at 640x480 30FPS and im getting a downstream to 9FPS wihtout recording, only with capture. What could be the problem? i was wondering with this machine i can handle 2 cameras at least with more resolution.

The second problem im getting is:

After recording the video simultaneously and i play back the videos, they have the speed increased and i need to slow down the speed at least to the 30% of real speed... how i can solve this issue?

Thanks for help

Regards

Hi,
The second issue is linked to the first. Kinovea will mark the file as 30fps. If the incoming stream was actually 9fps it will be played back accelerated.

There are several things that can cause a decrease in stream framerate. The easiest one is when the exposure duration is set to longer than the frame interval. Exposure will take precedence and the framerate will be lowered automatically and silently.

Go into the settings, device properties, locate the exposure parameter, make sure "Auto" in not checked, and slide to the left. The image will get darker and darker as you decrease the duration of exposure, this is expected. Test with various settings to see the impact on framerate.

The next version of Kinovea will allow you to get more out of the cameras. The Microsoft LifeCam Studio has MJPEG on-board compression and Kinovea can leverage it to improve recording performances.

Dear Joan

Thanks a lot for the early answer.

I will test it!