oCam 1CGN-U is a USB global shutter color camera.  It’s listed as UVC compliant
USB 3.0. I can’t find anything listed about direct show.  Seems to be a new
Camera. I’m using Kinovea for golf swing analysis and the global shutter would be useful.

Most global shutter cameras cost much more.
Do you think it will work with Kinovea?

I have not tried this particular camera but if it is UVC compliant in theory it should work out of the box.

If you try please let us know the outcome.

Great, I’ll give it a try and let you know. The Global shutter should be great for swing analysis.

I bought the ocam 1cgn and cannot use it in kinovea. It works with their own windows viewer but not in kinovea. Kinovea shows it in the drop down but picture is black. This claims to be a UVC compliant camera. Any ideas?

Hi,
The fact that you mention a drop down makes me think you are using version 0.8.15, can you try in 0.8.26 and see if it works there? The way to select cameras has changed by the way, there is a new tab on the main explorer/window with the list of cameras.

Also, make sure you close their viewer before trying it in Kinovea as the link with the camera is exclusive.

joan wrote:

Hi,
The fact that you mention a drop down makes me think you are using version 0.8.15, can you try in 0.8.26 and see if it works there? The way to select cameras has changed by the way, there is a new tab on the main explorer/window with the list of cameras.

Also, make sure you close their viewer before trying it in Kinovea as the link with the camera is exclusive.

You are correct. I will try that and report back.

I still can't get the camera to work. I finally got around to downloading the beta version and no picture. The camera works with their viewer. The viewer was closed when I tried. It shows up in the program but the picture is black.

Can I send you the camera to test? It's useless to me as is.

9 (edited by joan 2019-01-15 21:56:44)

Please check in other DirectShow compatible programs first.
- VLC (Media > Open capture device)

Also check you don't have a software taking ownership of the camera. On my system I have a program called microSIP (VoIP) and it runs in the background and I can't get any DirectShow camera to work until I close it, even though I don't ever use it with cameras.

Also sometimes you have to go in Kinovea settings and change the resolution/framerate for it to initialize properly. And while you are in the settings make sure the exposure is not set too short a duration.

Do you see the rectangle of the image and it's pitch black, or you see the dark grey of the capture screen and there is no camera rectangle on it? Does the thumbnail snapshot work on Kinovea main screen?

I will try that tonight. I get the black camera screen and no picture.

I can not get it to work in VLC either. It shows up in drop down but says not supported. In Kinovea, I can select the different resolutions, but just get black screen and record will not function. I did notice that in the streaming format box, the only choice was GSPM or something similar (Started with G), I forgot that fast.