I am a tennis player. Sometimes I need to stop the video and move it back and forth to watch closely a small move. The only option available in Kinovea is to click frame-by-frame arrows. But I have seen software that has a slider that can be dragged to move the video frame-by-frame back and forth.

2 (edited by joan 2019-01-19 11:34:24)

Hi,
You can drag the main play head in the bottom slider and it should update the image. This should work in recent versions, try the beta version on the download page.

You can also scrub using the mouse wheel.

You can also move back and forth using the keyboard arrows keys which might be easier than clicking the small buttons.

edit: Also just in case, make sure you have the Options > Preferences > Playback > General > "Update image during time cursor movement" option checked.

That works. Thanks a lot.

joan wrote:

Hi,
You can drag the main play head in the bottom slider and it should update the image. This should work in recent versions, try the beta version on the download page.

You can also scrub using the mouse wheel.

You can also move back and forth using the keyboard arrows keys which might be easier than clicking the small buttons.

edit: Also just in case, make sure you have the Options > Preferences > Playback > General > "Update image during time cursor movement" option checked.

The mouse wheel doesn't seem to work on the combined shuttle at the bottom of the screen while using two videos. It would be great to have it shuttle both videos along simultaneously.

Drew Read