I use 8.15 for my regular work on my "A" PC and 8.24 on my "B" PC. Will there be technical issues if I were to bring 8.24 over to my A PC and leave 8.15 there as well?

If you install both using the installer they will share the application data directory and it could create conflicts as the preferences format is not the same.

The usual way to do this is to use the "portable" version for 0.8.24. This way it is completely self-contained and does not interfere.

Thank you, Joan.

I am playing catch up after a too long hiatus! (BTW, very happy to see I can now contribute financially!)

Could you comment again on whether we can use a beta version (to test it) while keeping the stable version also installed on the same computer?

You can use the .zip version of the version you want to try out. After extracting the zip, it is a self-contained directory with the main program/libraries, and a special sub-directory named "AppData". This "AppData" directory contains all the preferences, the log, and any other files that would otherwise be shared machine-wide.

In this case you can have as many versions in parallel as you want, they will always work within their own directory and not interfere with each other. You could even copy this entire directory to a USB drive and use it on a different machine. This kind of approach is sometimes called "portable" version.

In the installed version (.exe), the "AppData" directory points to something like "C:\Users\joan\AppData\Roaming\Kinovea".