The player that comes with the tool is very good since it has specific characteristics to watch particular details of the video.

In our case that we use for Judo video arbitration and that we record two cameras simultaneously, we do not have the possibility of using the player, since if the environment is configured in "two capture screens" mode, the player does not run . And it is very difficult to have to close one of the two screens to enable the player, and then reconfigure the environment (selecting the camera, adjusting the recording values, mode, etc).

It would be super cool if the player could still run in a "two screen capture" configuration, perhaps on a floating screen, or by overlaying the player on the section of the screen that isn't playing.

Thanks !!

Hi,
You can start a second instance of Kinovea and have one or two players there.
With the help of replay folder observers you can have these players automatically load the captured videos as they are created. For the case of two capture/two playback you will need to set each capture to save in its own folder, so the corresponding player can monitor that folder without loading the videos from the other.
Let me know if this matches what you were trying to do.

It can be a work around, but the best thing would be if the workspace is configured with two capture screens, the replay folder observer will still run maybe on a floating screen. I think it's a super intuitive way to use the product

Thank you very much

grouxm wrote:

It can be a work around, but the best thing would be if the workspace is configured with two capture screens, the replay folder observer will still run maybe on a floating screen.

You can have the two instances of Kinovea running at the same time so you would see the two capture and the two players simultaneously. I don't know if this was clear from what I wrote.