1 (edited by angelomcr3 2020-09-26 14:12:14)

Hello,

I am trying to save two video into a composite video (tried mkv, mp4, avi), however the result is a distorted video in black and white. I am using version 0.8.27 and the characteristics of the two video are:

• format mp4

• fps 60

• frame height 1080

• frame width 1920

• camera GoPro hero 4 (x2)

Has anyone experienced a similar problem and found a solution to it?

Thank you

Yes, this was fixed in version 0.9.1.

Thank you. Just tried the version 0.9.3 and it works.

Am finding same behaviour with 0.9.5.
Tried 0.9.4 but the same result, cannot find an installation file for 0.9.3 to confirm angelomcr3's success to see if problem was reintroduced, or if it's something at my end.

Just to clarify - this is for output with "superposition of images" turned on
Output of side by side works just fine ????

6 (edited by joan 2022-03-19 01:20:52)

Yep, I can reproduce the bug, thanks.

edit:
Should be fixed in the next version.

Hello Joan,

Having the same type of trouble as rsmith.

Is it possible having 0.9.3 or 0.9.1 version before bug fixing in next version ?

Regards,
Adrien

These older versions also have the bug.

To clarify, there are two different bugs talked about in this thread. The original one reported in the OP was that any dual video export would result in broken video file. This was fixed in 0.9.1. The other bug is that dual video with superposition option ON, result in broken video file. This will be fixed in 0.9.6.

Is there a way to adjust the output resolution of a saved composite video?  The quality is reduced too much.  I am starting with two 1280x1024 videos with a bitrate of 79046kbps.  However the output composite video is way less.  It appears to be a function of the window size I have kinovea open in and the resolution setting of my computer. If I make the window smaller it gets worse.  Same thing happens if I adjust my display setting resolution to a lower setting.  My guess is it is using a screen grab type function to create the composite video? My problem is I can't create a large enough window to get the full 1024 vertical resolution.

Yes that's correct, it is using the resolution of the images as they are displayed. (this is actually what caused the bug in this topic since that live resolution isn't guaranteed to be supported by the encoder). If I recall correctly it's because it's using the synchronization loop to get the images aligned and painted so it was probably simpler to just grab them from there instead of re-decoding at the original size. I'll make a note to fix this at some point, it's not necessarily as trivial as it sounds. There is also code for vertical stacking in there that's currently unused.

Eagerly awaiting this fix for my Digital Video class.

All the issues in this thread should be fixed in 2023.1 I believe. Export uses the original size of the input now instead of the display size, and there are checks for weird sizes.