Downloaded most recent version and have enjoyed using Quintic for years but this looks very promising.  When I go to view videos only some are showing up yet all of them have been saved in exactly the same way and the same format???  I did a brief search but haven't found any explanations though I'm pretty new to this.  Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,
If I understood:
- You have several videos in a folder on your computer.
- When you browse to this folder from within Kinovea, you don't only see some of the videos files.

Is this correct ?

joan wrote:

Hi,
If I understood:
- You have several videos in a folder on your computer.
- When you browse to this folder from within Kinovea, you don't only see some of the videos files.

Is this correct ?

Yes, when I open up the interface and double click on the folder where my video files are, some folders have a still shot/thumbnail whereas the others have exclamation marks.  I have almost 200 files all the same format and only about 40 are showing up with the beginning still shot/thumbnail.

many thanks.

4 (edited by joan 2010-02-02 09:58:39)

Ok. You could try to open one of them anyway from the file list on the left panel. It probably won't run, but we may get an error message that will be more explicit regarding the cause of the error.

If possible, create a new bug in the bug tracker and attach the log.txt file (see the topic "what to do in case of a bug") and possibly attach a small video that expose the problem.
Alternatively, you can send the log and the video (if not too large) to joan at kinovea dot org, and I'll create the bug report.

Edit: If you do have some small files, it would be interesting to have 2 different files, one that work and one that doesn't. (There must be a difference somewhere…)