I have tried to convert my avchd-files to mpg or avi with high quality. When I do this the video gets slow, a bit blurry etc in Kinovea. What is the optimal bitrate, fps, frame size etc values to get the best quality in Kinovea?

Thank you for a great software!

Hi,
I hope someone can come and answer this better than me because I have not much experience with AVCHD, and I don't do a lot of conversions.

If you are not much concerned with storage size, you can use the highest quality option available in your conversion software.

Regarding blurriness/quality, bitrate is not as much relevant as the compression method used, because most of the time is spend decoding the image. This is especially true for large image size like full HD.
For a given codec and image size, you can use a higher bitrate. That should improve quality without degrading rendering speed. (You could use uncompressed files).

Regarding jerkiness, this will really depends on the machine performances and you'll have to make tests to find your threshold.
If you see the speed slider decreasing on its own, then the program can't keep the pace.
I would target for 25 or 30 fps, and then reduce size until it plays smoothly if you have jerkiness issues or automatic slow down.

Also, if possible try to use an intra-frame only codec (like DV or MJPEG) since that will make the backward navigation easier and decoding faster.