hy,
I'm a new user of kinovea.
When I open the intermediate dialogue box to save data, by using the toolbar or the menu, the dialogue box shows no save or cancel button. I find no way to expand the box to show these buttons. Can anybody help me? This way I'm not able to save key image data (commentboxes or drawings) possibly combined with the video.
greetings
Wilfried

Very strange…
What is your Windows version, screen size, Kinovea version and system language ?
Can you see the entire dialog but the buttons are just not there, or is the bottom of the dialog hidden somehow ?
The full dialog should look like in this this screenshot.

3 (edited by wilfried 2010-07-27 17:13:20)

windows 7, large screen(23 cm on 41cm, which is a different format then usual, it is wider), latest kinovea version 0.8.7, and system language is set on dutch belgium, location belgium.
The window looks correct for the top side until "save only the key images data". , but the buttons aren't there. It looks like the buttons are hidden, but I'm not sure. Looked strange to me too. Opening "options" and "preferences" the dialogbox is also not fully congruent with the messages inside the dialogue box.
thanks for the quick reply!
I also tried reinstaling, but this didn't solve the problem.
I add a log to it. Just after opening kinovea it says:
2010-07-27 17:55:56,376 - INFO  - Kinovea.Root.RootKernel - Kinovea version : 0.8.7, (Production)
2010-07-27 17:55:56,391 - INFO  - Kinovea.Root.RootKernel - .NET Framework Version : 2.0.50727.4927
2010-07-27 17:55:56,391 - INFO  - Kinovea.Root.RootKernel - OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
2010-07-27 17:55:56,391 - INFO  - Kinovea.Root.RootKernel - Primary Screen : {Width=1680, Height=945}
2010-07-27 17:55:56,391 - INFO  - Kinovea.Root.RootKernel - Virtual Screen : {X=0,Y=0,Width=1680,Height=945}
2010-07-27 17:56:13,442 - ERROR - Kinovea.ScreenManager.ColorProfile - Error happenned while parsing color profile. We'll keep the default values.
2010-07-27 17:56:13,442 - ERROR - Kinovea.ScreenManager.ColorProfile - File we tried to read was :C:\Users\kine\AppData\Roaming\Kinovea\ColorProfiles\current.xml

greetings,
Wilfried

Hello,

I have the same problem.

But you can still save.

Use the tab button to go down, and when the selection vanish hit enter and it will save.

I think it's a resolution problem.

I have the problem in the dialog bix mentionned above but also in the option menu...

My screen resolution is 1680x1050 I'm using windows 7 and kinovea 0.8.9.
But I always had this problem as far as I remember whatever the kinovea version was.

Later

Daww

Hello again,

I tried kinovea 0.8.9 at the same resolution on my other computer but under vista (yeah I know smile ), the display is now correct.
So the problem is on my laptop, and it seems that's it's not a resolution problem but more a windows 7 prob.

Tell me if you need more infos.

Thx

Daww

Hi,
That dialog box is set be shown at the center of the screen, maybe that doesn't work similarly on various systems.
Can you move up the dialog box by dragging it with the title bar ?

It has a maximum size of 370 pixels which should be fine for any screen resolution but well…

Also, there is an additional option group that appears when the speed cursor is not on 100% (a new check box to save at slow motion rate). Could you guys try both with and without slow motion (just change the speed and try saving again) and see if it makes any difference ?

Thanks

hi,
thanks daww for the easy solution. It works!
Joan, I can drag around the dialog box on the screen with the titlebar. The content of the dialog box doens't change. The adittional speed cursor option shows in the dialogbox when I've worked in a different speed, and try to save the document. It is only the save button that does not show in the dialogbox in both cases (with and without speedchange).
thanks

Hello,

I have the same results!

But I can add some infos.

When I change the speed on a video and then try to save, I have the new check box in the menu ( "keep the current speed" : translated from french).

But if you look closely to the menu you can see that the new check box and the text is coming over the save and cancel buttons...
Pretty weird.

I'm going to test kinovea on the same computer with win xp (I have dual boot).

I will report in a few mins.

Later

Daww

Hello again,

I've tested on win xp.

No problems at all.

Well first thing is that I could use  kinovea on xp but well I'm getting used to 7 and I really would like to use kino under this os.

I hope it helps

by the way do you have an idea of the release oe the  next version with an updated capture feature?

Thx

Daww

hello,
Daww, I see the same thing. I can just hit the cancel button. It shows marginaly on the right side of the text (keep the current speed) and can hit the cancel button on the outer right side of the button.
I can not see or hit the save button. This button is hidden behind the text.
wilfried

Hi,
I'll try to work on this over the week-end.
So far I can't reproduce the issue on my Win7 virtual machine. In the meantime, if someone could get a screenshot of the faulty dialog box, that may help.

The height of the dialog is computed dynamically to make room for the slow motion option. And the buttons are positionned relatively to the bottom of the dialog. So if for some reason something is taking more vertical space than during design time, that could lead to the buttons being behind the groupbox. Having a screenshot would help verify this.
You can attach the screenshot to bug m216, (look for the "Upload File" section) or send it by mail, thanks !

I think I have reproduced the issue. I went to the Windows' Control Panel > Display, and changed from "small - 100%" to "medium - 125%".

Then, when relaunching Kinovea… Wow. I get all kind of glitches in the interface sad
Including missing buttons on save and options dialogs. I posted a screenshot here.

Can you guys confirm this ? (That you have the option on medium or large).

hy Joan,
yes I have the option to change from medium to small or large, and yes when I put the display on "small" the save button shows perfectly on the interface. And your screenshot matches with what I saw when the display was on medium.
thanks for all the effort!

Ok, great.
I have started to fix the many interface issues related to this. Like options dialog, missing titles on drawing configuration windows, progress bar and others, the Working Zone selection bar, size of some buttons with images, splash screen, etc.
I'll try to work on this during september and fix some issues of the capture screen, and make a release for October 1st if time permits.

take your time!
I can work with kinovea on the "small" size!
thanks again
wilfried