Is it possible to build something like a trigger in kinovea? When I use the software my cameras are static so could it be possible to make something like:
if ( the golfball is gone)
keep on capturing for one more second
then playback the last 2 seconds
and ask if the swing should be saved". ?
Well, I'm open to this sort of stuff but so far all the implementations I have seen of this were pretty confusing in my opinion (in term of user experience / user interface). I certainly wouldn't want the casual user to have to think about how much preroll he needs to account for or force him to think in terms of predefined recording scenario…
With image size of the like of 640×480, you should have a pretty large buffer. If you can slide the delay to 30 seconds or something, that should leave you time to do the swing, go back to the computer and start recording. (You record what is currently displayed on screen, not the live)

