The onething I have been asked over and over again is about a single button capture start, rather than having to position the mouse over the Record  button then click it. Are there any plans for this to be available or being able to create a HotKey for this. The second option would be really good as we could then attach and external button and programme this to the same hotkey.

Hot key for toggling recording on/off is CTRL+Enter by default, you can change that in Preferences > Keyboard.

There is also a listener of Windows Messages that will listen to named commands so you can trigger it from external software.

You can also trigger by sound threshold from the microphone input (See Preferences > Capture > Automation). I think from this last one you could also build a hardware trigger by hooking an Arduino or something directly to the Line In (I haven't tried).

422

(4 replies, posted in Bug reports)

If you have delay it needs a memory buffer to store the frames, if the two cameras have very different image size/framerate it might do this I think, although the difference is extreme. Can you tell more about the recording parameters: Options > Capture > Recording : what recording mode do you use here? What delay, size and framerate of cameras, size of memory buffer, stream format.

Based on this "USB 2.0 compliance, Plug & Play - UVC compliant" yes, it should work.

Maybe with a large mirror on the opposite side of the camera, this way if the free leg is blocking the view you may still have a clear shot visible in the mirror. To avoid having a second camera looking from the other side.

I almost deleted this as spam but apparently it's not? Please write in English if possible (or in French or Spanish in the corresponding sub-forum).

These older versions also have the bug.

To clarify, there are two different bugs talked about in this thread. The original one reported in the OP was that any dual video export would result in broken video file. This was fixed in 0.9.1. The other bug is that dual video with superposition option ON, result in broken video file. This will be fixed in 0.9.6.

427

(27 replies, posted in Bug reports)

Maybe one of the DLL has been quarantined by your anti-virus, is it possible? If the splash screen shows up your system should be compatible (.NET framework).
I have a machine with Windows 11 where it works and it worked for other people as well so it should work.

Can you check in the log folder if there is anything (log.txt)?

The log folder location is:

1. if you have installed the .zip version, it's under the AppData sub-directory wherever you extracted the archive.

2. if you have installed the .exe, it's under your user's AppData directory, you can get there typing %appdata%\Kinovea in the Windows explorer address bar.

For this application I think it's paramount that the board be vertically aligned perfectly with the edges of the image, pixel wise. Otherwise if it's not filmed straight down it could be misleading and impossible to really say whether the shoe actually crossed the board before take off or not. I want to add more options to the "Camera test grid" object for this kind of scenarios. Maybe a simple vertical line for starters.

429

(4 replies, posted in General)

Hi, the bit you quoted in the documentation is about maximizing the image area within the viewport, this is mostly for smaller resolution. If the image is already filling the viewport area it won't change when you double click. The little corners should still be visible but will only let you reduce the size.

You can try to use menu View > Full screen. (Shortcut key: F11).

Hmm, yeah there are a few places where one millisecond is used as a time base, I guess this is one of them. It will break for this kind of framerate. I'll see to fix this.

431

(3 replies, posted in Bug reports)

Hi, sorry the article is a bit ambiguous. This menu appears when you right click directly on the video, not on any tool you've added before.

grouxm wrote:

It can be a work around, but the best thing would be if the workspace is configured with two capture screens, the replay folder observer will still run maybe on a floating screen.

You can have the two instances of Kinovea running at the same time so you would see the two capture and the two players simultaneously. I don't know if this was clear from what I wrote.

433

(1 replies, posted in General)

How many data points do you actually have? Do you have a lot of data points and the export is not showing them? In that case that would be a bug, please send me the .kva file at joan at kinovea dot org.

Yeah I followed this change, I find it a bit weird to be honest.
Is this change being implemented at all levels of competition?

I think it may be possible to do in Kinovea but probably there is a validation process by the federations.
Do we know what hardware and specs is used in the existing systems? I imagine this must be documented so federations and systems providers can comply.

There is also an undocumented "finish line" feature in the program that could help. It triggers for some machine vision cameras when configured for very few lines. This mode records the lines at high frequency and stack them to create "photo-finish" images and videos.

435

(3 replies, posted in Ideas and feature requests)

Running multiple instances of Kinovea is the way to go when you need more than two screens.
Synchronization only happens within an instance so two-playback max.