What is the best way to use this feature?  I have two videos of a softball pitcher (one from two different practice sessions) and I would like to compare her form by running these two videos simultaneously.

Hi Acer,

Do you mean how do you do the process with the program or how do you get the videos in sync?

If you are wanting to know how to set it up you start by opening one video. Then click on view at the menu accross the top of the screen and select two playback screens. Then open the other file. Once you do that you find two common places in the videos and click on the sync button at the bottom controls, also known as the common controls. It will be the icon the looks like two clocks. You then use the common controls to move through the video.

Typically when I sync two videos I like to start the sync process at there release point of the ball. I will bring up both videos side-by-side. Play one until I get to the release point. Then play the other until I get to the release point on it. Then I hit the sync button.

Lets go back a step before we go to far. The first thing I will typically do is cut the videos down to one complete pitch so the computer and program are not working to hard to process the videos. It may not be necessary for you, but my camcorder shoots in High Def. and if I load two full videos it will slow down and the sync function will not work well.

If this does not answer your question just let me know.

That was extremely helpful.  That was basically what I was doing but I wasn't getting quite the results I was looking for.  So, once you sync from the release point do you roll back one frame at a time?  Or do you go back to the start of the videos?

You can do it either way. I typically use the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard once I am synced to scroll through the videos. It gives better control I think. Also I can easily go back and fourth as needed.

Are you using videos of different pitchers or are you synchronizing a front and side view?

usually different pitchers, but I have used different views. Or the same pitcher but different times I recorded.